PDA

View Full Version : Updated routerplus

jkozee
07-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Routerplus was orgianlly posted on pvrhax0r.com, but is no longer available. I am posting both the original version and a patched version with permission. The patched version has MSG_MAX_PER_CLIENT set to 512 and a patch to limit some repeating messages in the log file. Here is the original text from the original post:

routerplus - development thread
OVERVIEW

routerplus is a kernel module that routes and delivers TvBus messages to and from processes on the local machine. It was designed to be a drop-in replacement for /lib/modules/router.o on TiVo software versions 4.0 and higher.

routerplus is Copyright (c) 2005 alldeadhomiez.

routerplus is provided with full source code under a limited license. It is NOT GPL SOFTWARE and MAY NOT be redistributed or sold. Please familiarize yourself with the contents of the LICENSE file prior to installing, using, or examining routerplus or its source code.

FEATURES

routerplus provides the following new features that are not included in the stock TvBus router:

- improved debugging capabilities
- targeted sniffing of TvBus messages
- interception and re-injection of TvBus messages
- more efficient use of kernel memory
- faster teardown of connections and sessions

(installation instructions and more info in the README)

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHMENT IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE LICENSE TERMS. DO NOT LINK DIRECTLY TO THE ATTACHMENT.

djl
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Much obliged; these are too important to go missing. Have you had any luck running either on a Series 3? I had to uninstall the patched version, there were too many menu pauses.

jkozee
07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
I was able to run the patched version on my THD without issue, but as you can tell by the dates it was quite some time ago, not sure what SW version I was on back then. Is it easy to reproduce the issue you are seeing. If so, I may install it and see what I can find.

jkozee
07-18-2012, 08:25 PM
Check your mail. I sent you a custom build to test.