PDA

View Full Version : system wont reconize tivo drive

LowTec
12-30-2001, 12:12 AM
my boot cd shows the full 40 gigs on start up,i tried to unlock any way since system bios doesnt detect it either.i have it set to primary slave.i want to back up to c: drive before running xtreme25.if some one can help i would appreciate it :)

T_RJ
12-30-2001, 10:28 AM
Upgrade your PC bios or use a differnet PC.

LowTec
12-30-2001, 03:13 PM
thanks for the input but,this is a newer system,and i have a 40 gig maxtor as my primary drive.its set to master and the quantum fireball i pulled off jumper should make it slave to master.wounder why the boot cd will reconize all hardware,but system wont and i cant get it to back up do i need to mount all devices first?i made a mnt/dos then mounted primary drive then put in back up comand should i hav mounted te tivo drive too?thanks :)

T_RJ
12-30-2001, 04:33 PM
Are uou sure that the primary drive is jumpered master or is jumper cable select?

LowTec
12-30-2001, 07:43 PM
yep primary is set to master,double checkd that.any 1 think the problem with bios detecting tivo hard drive might be the imbeded linux thing?since boot disk reconizes full 40 gigs.trying to backup with the boot cd off the pitou site,since it has the mfstools on it.what are the exact comands i type to mount then back up ?thanks.

LowTec
12-31-2001, 04:09 PM
got system to recongnized tivo 40 gig fireball by first manually adding parameters,but capacity was off so i added limitation jumper,and it now shows 33.8gigs in bios after autodetection.any 1 know if this will be alright to proceed with?my primary 40 gig maxtor had no problems when i installed it its a 7200 rpm udma/66, the tivo drive is a ata/100 is this the defference?thanks for all in put:)