PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Dtivo recordings and settings

AlphaWolf
02-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Anybody know of any good methods that I can use to sort of password protect the tivo menu? My aim is so that nobody can interrupt or change my season passes (or anything on the todo list for that matter) that I have on my tivo, nor view anything that I have recorded without my consent.

superzap
02-09-2002, 12:42 PM
Best PW I know - baseball bat. LOL

This is not what you want but-
If you want to prevent any use of the DTiVo while you are not present, set the DTiVo remote address to a different one from the remote itself, say 2 for DTiVo and 3 for remote. Then you can switch the remore back and forth from 2 to 3. That is until the offenders figure out how to switch the remote address. Or lock up the remote. They can still use the front panel buttons, unless you want to internally disconnect them or electrify them.

I think you would need a mod to the myworld app, and since no one credible has publicly made a claim to doing this, you're SOL.

BubbaJ
02-09-2002, 12:44 PM
theresa small cable that runs from the front of the tivo to the motherboard, rig a switch to disconnect one of the wires. The tivo will not listen to either the buttons or the remote