PDA

View Full Version : Getting around the set-up phone call..

jore
02-11-2002, 02:19 AM
I need some help on exactly how to get around the initial set-up phone call the IRD makes to Tivo.

From what I understand, my Philips DSR6000 should be Tivo Software v2.0 . Therefore, I can use the "step-by-step v2.5 hack v1.3" file I have to circumvent this, and then upgrade to the 2.5 software afterwards.

However, in reade the v2.5Xtrerme instructions, I have found that the upgrade automatically upgrades the PROM with something else that gives the bash prompt and some other features.

So, how do you upgrade to v2.5 and circumvent the phone call? Is there another v2.5 image out there? Does the PROM update in v2.5Xtreme already do this? Or is there another hack I should apply after installing v2.5Xtreme? Thanks,

BubbleLamp
02-12-2002, 12:00 AM
You need to do some more reading, all the info you seek is here for the taking.

jore
02-12-2002, 03:04 AM
LOL...the classic response..

After posting last night, I did some reading and hit myslef on the head. I searched and found my answer..

But now, I have a new question. From what I understand, touch generates a file size that is 0k. How does a 0k file in a certain directory fix this call problem?

BubbleLamp
02-12-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by jore
LOL...the classic response..

After posting last night, I did some reading and hit myslef on the head. I searched and found my answer..

But now, I have a new question. From what I understand, touch generates a file size that is 0k. How does a 0k file in a certain directory fix this call problem?

It's not the file that causes the magic, it's just the flag that triggers another to do it's thing.

jore
02-13-2002, 03:24 AM
One last question. Is the file I need to touch located on the primary partition, or do I need to mount another partiton?

BubbleLamp
02-13-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by jore
One last question. Is the file I need to touch located on the primary partition, or do I need to mount another partiton?

Primary.