PDA

View Full Version : Can I use original hd

dtv killer
02-12-2002, 03:21 AM
I picked up an 80 gig hard drive that I ran xtreme25 on and all is working properly with a dsr 6000. I have one of the original hard drives that is 30 gigs sitting around that I can use. Was wondering, since this was the master do I need to redue the hard drive and if so what program should I use. Along with that question what should it be , secondary master or primary slave? Or can I just pop the unit in since it was already set as a tivo hard drive. Thanks anyone for your help.

groundhog
02-12-2002, 11:39 AM
You just need to bless the drive in MFS Tools(or with Dylan's boot disk) If you hook it up to the Slave connector of the IDE cable, then jumper it as slave(or possibly cable select).

dtv killer
02-12-2002, 06:07 PM
I was doing some reading and was wondering if I need to do anything to the master hd. When it went through the xtreme25 I did not say that there would be two drives in the tivo. just want to make sure before I mess anything up.
jc

groundhog
02-12-2002, 07:43 PM
As long as you ran extreme, then verified that the tivo is currently working fine, then all you have to do is(backup &) Bless the other drive and drop it in the tivo. No need to do anything else with the drive that's already working in the tivo.

dtv killer
02-19-2002, 04:25 PM
tried running blesss tivo and everything seems fine but when I put it back in to the tivo it just remains the same amount of disk space which is 69 hrs. With a properly working set up it should be around 90 something hrs. I have tried it around 3 times. Any help would be great. Thanks.
jc

groundhog
02-19-2002, 04:39 PM
See THIS THREAD (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9583) And THIS THREAD (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=29622#post29622)

Apparently when a image is expanded with MFS tools on an A drive, then you can't just simply bless and add another drive. When I found this out, I tried to go back to any thread where I may have misinformed anyone about this...but I guess I missed yours. Sorry if I lead you astray.