PDA

View Full Version : Pausing or recording Music Channels on DSR6000

zimtech
02-18-2002, 01:54 PM
Apparently, you're unable to pause or record any content from any of the music channels. It's not a bug because the DTivo specifically indicates that "recording of music or audio only channels is not supported at this time". This is the message you receive when you hit the record button on a music channel. Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to modify 25 Xtreme or what code needs to be changed so that music channels can be recorded like any other?

Snatch
02-24-2002, 11:15 PM
I too am looking to record my music channels. Please let me know if you find anything.

Thanks,
Snatch

Fatty Lumpkin
09-16-2002, 06:51 PM
I would like to record the music channels as well!!!

SplitKane
09-17-2002, 09:36 AM
I've done some searching around and found that you can use the Wishlists function to circumvent the no record on audio channels. Just create a wishlist like "Blues" and set it to auto record everything. This wishlists will take a while during the Please wait screen, so be patient. it will then begin recording on channel 841 "I think". It will continue to make recordings about every two hours on that channel. It will also make a lot of other recordings like recording any tof the Blues brothers movies and the series Hill Street Blues. So it will fill up your drive quick. Just set the Wishlists to not auto record when you have enough music recorded.

Ok Now for the problem. I have tried to use tytool to stream the recordings to a PC to ultimately convert to wav files and then burn audio CD's however Tytool is having a problem doing this and I'm ending up with zero length files for both audio and video. I think it has to do with the lack of video. The screen is mostly black during the playing of the recordings. I can stream a .ty type file but vspit doesn't work. An when I Split or Process the .ty file I get the same result zero length files.

Any help here would be appreciated

Hey Hey
09-19-2002, 12:42 PM
If all you desire is being able to record the music to a CD, you can use the audio out on the Dtivo and send that to audio in on a PC an burn a CD. I've done it to make an audio CD as well as an MP3 CD and both worked well. The audio file could then be broken up into separate files if one wanted tracks on an audio CD, but it would be a lot of work for IMHO little gain.

zimtech
10-25-2002, 07:19 PM
If you want digital quality, you can run the digital audio through a Dolby Digital stereo receiver that has digital output. Then you can connect your computer to the digital out on the stereo receiver. Since most pc's don't have digital audio inputs on the sound card, you need to get a kickass soundcard or a SoundBlaster Audigy or Extigy.

The problem I'm having is with playback of the recorded audio programs. The fast foward, reverse, and pause don't seem to work right. The only way I can get it to work consistently is to just let it play.