PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Questions

yoseif
02-18-2002, 08:26 PM
I have a DirecTiVo running 2.5. It is not near a phone line so I have to manually run a line to it every couple of weeks.

From my reading here, I understand that fixup or 25xtreme will fix this for me. I've just purchased an extra drive and I would like to upgrade the space and perform this hack at the same time. However, I do not want to lose all my prefences, thumbs, season passes, etc. I think this means I can't use 25xtreme.

Can someone tell me (or point me in the right direction) the correct process I should use?

Thanks.

Yoseif

PMD
02-23-2002, 12:14 AM
Well if you use 25xtreme, you are basically ghosting an image on the hard drive(s). By that, you will lose everything on there and when you run the system it will have to reinitalize everything like it was starting for the first time so yes you will lose all your current settings. It doesnt take too long to get back though.

mrblack51
02-23-2002, 12:18 AM
two options: if you are running 2.5, you need to take an extra drive, use 25xtreme to hack the prom, then hack the kernel on your main drive per the instructions in the speedboot thread. note that you will have to apply all the hacks yourself.

if you are running 2.0, then you can use tivolater to upgrade to 2.5 and save everything.

fleng
11-12-2004, 02:50 AM
Newbie here with 1st-time-post. Excuse me if I'm doing this wrong...

What software do I need to find in order to edit items already sitting in my "NOW PLAYING" list, but some or all of that information is wrong?

I have a pioneer 810H - series 2- DVDR

Trusted-1
11-13-2004, 08:48 PM
The first thing you do is Search, Search and Search some more. Here and there is also more info on this at tivo community forum in the "underground" section.

The Pioneer box is not the easiest to work with. Although what you want to do sounds straightforward, it involves all the steps of "hacking" that any of the other modifications require. I have been working on my 810h for several weeks now and still can't get the encryption disabled to allow extracting or inserting video. It is also possible to lose all of the recordings in the process.

How bad do you want to edit the now playing list? It may be way more work and learning than you think and from what I've read about it, it is a fairly complicated procedure when you are finally able to do it.

Use advanced Search and search for posts regarding your topic.

Trusted-1