PDA

View Full Version : EBay Price Discrepancy: Sat-T60 vs. DSR6000

petes457
02-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Hi All-

I'm looking to buy a DirecTiVo and have been wtaching items on EBay with no contract/activation required. (By the way, how is it some people can do this and others require your credit card and will report to Dave?)

Anyway, my question is in regards to the price difference between the two models. I've been leaning towards the DSR6000 if only for the black casing (which I prefer in my entertainment center rack). It's my understanding that they are identical units, except the Sony will give you picture-in-picture and the DSR6000 will not. (Can anyone verify this as true? And if so, why is there this one feature difference?)

For the same *new* DirecTiVo dual tuner, 35 hour units, the DSR6000s have been going for about US$300-325; The Sat-T60s have been going for over US$400. This concerns me. Anyone have a reason why one would be so much more expensive than the other on EBay?

Thanks for listening. Opinions, feedback is appreciated.

Pete

BubbleLamp
02-18-2002, 11:23 PM
The Sony doesn't do PIP. It DOES allow you to control your VCR via an IR link, and some people like the remote a little better.

Sony=$

T_RJ
02-18-2002, 11:30 PM
petes457

I think you should improve on your reading and searching skills.

All three dtivo's ( Hughes, Phillips & Sony ) are virtually the same. The Sony is the most different do to it's remote, other than that and color/bezel design they are the exactly the same.

mrblack51
02-19-2002, 12:05 AM
if you check avs forums, there is a script to allow any dtivo to control sony vcrs