PDA

View Full Version : tivomad errors while runnig 2.5extreme boot disk on dsr6k upgrade

dtvtivouser
02-19-2002, 12:16 AM
i cracked open my virgin 2.xx dsr6k to upgrade the unit to a 40 gb (original quantum) + 80 gb maxtor .. using 2.5 extreme, i encountered the following errors when running the tivomad portion of the boot disk

(FYI - the maxtor was surfaced scanned, unlocked, and acoustic mgmt applied, pc recognizes both drives as 40+80 respectively)

here is the logging info while running tivomad from the 2.5 extreme disk:

inactive kernel partition /dev/hdc3
inactive root partition /dev/hdc4

0+54 records in
64+0 records out

/maddb4/setupcd.sh: line 186
229 Broken pipe cat /maddtb4/v2 root.gz
230 | gzip -dc
231 terminated | dd of=$Inactiveroot bs=1024k

failed to create root partition
exit code was 143

as a matter of note - i am not a linux expert so the only tools i have to work with are the 2.5 disk, dylan's boot disk and the hinsdale cd

any help would be appreciated as i have no clue what happened during the tivomad portion ..

dizman
02-19-2002, 04:21 PM
add more memory, I ran into the same type of errors and increased the memory on the machine to 128 Mg and the errors went away.

netnovice
02-23-2002, 01:29 AM
Here' what worked for me:

Put the 80GB drive as the master and the 40GB as the slave. Run 25xtreme.

Don't forget to answer "no" to the question: "is your tivo drive over 140GB."

Good Luck!

Taquita
03-15-2002, 03:28 AM
Hey there dtvtivouser,

Did you ever solve this problem? What was the fix. I've been getting this exact same problem for the past several hours. I've reconfigured as much as I can imagine, and still not having success.

I'd appreciate an update if you could add one.

Thanks,
Taq

dtvtivouser
03-28-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Taquita
Hey there dtvtivouser,

Did you ever solve this problem? What was the fix. I've been getting this exact same problem for the past several hours. I've reconfigured as much as I can imagine, and still not having success.

I'd appreciate an update if you could add one.

Thanks,
Taq

tivomad runs ahead of the expansion/b-drive blessing routine .. so i just said no .. let the program run .. and then got blessed ....

Taquita
04-01-2002, 07:15 PM
Thank you! I figured it out after posting the question. I was making the same mistake. Running tivomad when I didn't need to.

Thanks for the reply.