Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "303 Mod"

"303 Mod"

Has anyone had success with a 303 mod to their dtivo?

I don't think that is going to happen. The 303 mod is a hardware mod for 1st and 2nd gen receivers.

Actually, someone claims to have done it via software here.

BubbleLamp, yes I wish the author of that post would give us more info.

Shutr, yes I know what a 303 mod is. For those who don't, see: http://www.geocities.com/pin7mod/303mod.html.

Some have used a JTAG interface to "unwink" their ird's: http://www.aros.net/~blaknite/unwink.htm. I'm wondering if the 303 mod can be accomplished the same way. Any thoughts.
    Last edited by buckwild013; 02-23-2002 at 12:49 AM.

Ya rumor has it that you simply modify the 299boot, just like you do to let it accept H cams (which does work). That file controls a lot of the DTV functionality, and thus hacking it can provide a software 303 mod.

Originally posted by yngdiego
    modify the 299boot, just like you do to let it accept H cams (which does work)
    Ahh, so how would a person go about doing this modifying??

yngdiego

can you please provide more info (URL if you've got one or directions where to look/search) on the "modify the 299boot, just like you do to let it accept H cams (which does work)" part?

i'd greatly appreciate any more hints/info on that one...

TIA..

There's no URL that I'm aware of. There have been several postings over the months about what to look for and what to change it to.

yngdiego,

I know what to look for and believe I know what to change. I just do not know what to use to view/modify the file in question. Any information on appropriate utilities would be appreciated.

TIA

it would be really nice if an H card could be used in DSR6K.

Am I just reading too much into this thread or why is everyone being so cryptic about an answer to that one? I HATE spoonfeeding and I'm all for searching and learning how to do shit on your own, but there isn't enough to go off in this thread (unless I'm way too tired right now and just not doing a great job of reading between the lines, in which case I apologize)...

So does anyone have some MORE info on this, please?

FlyGuy

Any info on what file(s) you're referring to or where you read about that? I'll gladly help find/figure out what to view/open it with if you'd like in exchange or whatever...

EDIT: n/m this post... I think I was able to find the stuff mentioned in the hints.. kind of hard to figure out/read more on this stuff (I've searched all over), but oh well.. no big deal..
    Last edited by RUBiK; 02-23-2002 at 05:40 AM.

The problem with info like this is that it erodes the foundation we stand on. eventually, when enough hacks to the system are in place, without anyone fully understanding the system, the system will NEED to be changed

BubbaJ

Understood and well put.

I didn't mean to sound like "GIVE ME! GIVE ME! GIVE ME!" but in retrospect I guess I may have come close. LOL! (:

Maybe there is a way but the people that know what to change know that if that info is made public then they will send something to stop the hacks, then new hacks will be needed.

My unit is working great, so why try to hack it in a way that will end all other hacks?

BubbaJ EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Yes, that is EXACTLy what I have been saying in a couple of other threads and have been ignored(not by you Bubba, I have read your replies).

The NEXT hack we need to perfect on the DTIVO is the ability to selectively prevent updates to the eeprom especially via the Sat stream. Whether that is via software manipulation or hardware modification, it needs to be a top priority and not swept under the rug as it has been.

Do people REALLY not see that this is a top priority? If you wake up tomorrow and your DTIVO is non-functional because there is a 2.6 or 3.0 code in the eeprom because they sent down an update via the sat stream, then you won't worry to much about how to rename multiple episodes of a series or remote control your DTIVO over the LAN(Once again not meant as a direct flame to the people working on these items...just an example...and if we can prevent updates , then these will continue to be valuable contributions to our community).

If we develop a way to selectively allow or dissallow updates to the eeprom, then we can at least keep the hacked DTIVO at the level we currently have safely.

This is NOT meant to be a flame directed at BubbaJ who obviously knows more than just about anyone here regarding the DTIVOs inner workings. It is just meant to be a wake up call to the rest of the DTIVO hacking community that instead of worrying about getting an F card cam to work in their machine they may want to look for a way to ensure the machine continues to function AT ALL!

thats my 2cents,
    madd0c
    Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road your on.
    Led Zeppelin