Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "303 Mod"

I'd really appreciate some pointers

So I've found the boot299 file, but I can't figure out what to do with it? All Ive got available to me is a H card and I really need to find some way to make the DSR6000 take it. I'm willing to learn, but I haven't found anything on this topic in my searches.

I have been posting about the concern (EEPROM) for quite a while, and no one seems to care that much. It would be funny to see the mayhem that would arise when 2.6 or 3.0 came out and blocked all hacking attempts. People would have wished they had given this topic more research.

Lets put it this way, If you, on your own, can come up with a real understanding of what is involved in this type of hack, then the people who are involved in UNDERSTANDING the system for their various reasons will welcome you into their groups, giving you access to the information that can help you go further, with the understanding that anything you come across will be shared only amongst people who will treat the information with respect.

I have no problem even with directv employees joining in private talks on these matters, as long as they understand that any information they discuss could ultimately lead to the destruction of the infrastructure on which their, and other companies, businesses are based.

I'm sorry if this thread was inappropriate. The reason I started it is because I am working on a new method of emulation and before I can start testing it I need to find a way around the zero knowledge test (zkt) and enable H cams. I would never discuss emulation here, but I thought that this topic would be OK. If anyone has successfully disabled the zkt or enabled H cams on a Dtivo please pm me.

Why is it that every time BubbaJ posts one of his teases everybody gives up?

Dennis

Maybe it's that they figured it out, and now, like BubbaJ, are keeping quiet.

Nope, don't believe it.

Too easy an answer.

Dennis

seek and ye shall find ...

Last edited by scanman0; 02-26-2002 at 12:43 AM.

Well, now that its getting a bit more public, just don't let anybody who does this for commercial profit get ahold of the info, or else they will exploit it and they WILL ruin it for everybody. Just keep it to yourself.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

scanman0: i appreciate your resourcefulness on finding out how to make the change. this mod, however, is one that would be best kept a bit more descrete. you might consider editing your message, because the more open we are about knowing various things, the more likely changes will have to be made

just a thought, thanks for joining us

scanman0

You have not enabled any form of private communication with you!

You may want to review your personal settings so others might have the abillity to converse with you privately.

ie PM.

T

Heheh.. That's okay.. I just spent the last few hours reading through the thing and I'm still not clear.. Some interesting reading! hehhe Won't go into any more detail, as I don't want to upset anyone...

If someone wants me to delete this too I will...

Smoke... (with very sore eyes...

Ok I should have worded my post different. I don't know how to do this hack, I just don't think it should be public No more PMs to me about this PLEASE.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?