Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "303 Mod"

Did anyone figure this out? I've done some searching but couldn't find anything. I've found the 199 and 299 boot files but am not sure what to do with them.

I thought of copying the 199boot to 299boot assuming that the 199boot was for the 1st-4th gen, but thought that may break the whole box.

I think this started as a way to use any camid without the need to check zkt, but maybe that changed to use a H camid and zkt and not only HU.

I have a 303mod ird and it will be good to have a way to use the same setup with my Dtivo, but I don't know if this is possible, is it?

Ok, I think I'm further down the line, but let me know if I'm on the right track.

Theory:

The Tivo boots on its own and then uses the boot299.btl file to boot the IRD. So, if you want to change the behavior of the IRD you would need to edit the boot299.btl. This is a binary file, so I'm assuming people are replacing it with the firmware from a 1st-4th gen receiver. Where to get these files?

there are no '303 mod' files available for the dtivo on the net currently. there are no 'wink fix' files available for the dtivo on the net currently.

please, everyone stop asking for a handout of all this stuff. as was stated earlier in the thread, a public release of these types of files (whether they exist or not) would cause major problems. the information that has been released is the information out there. people say little and hint both to keep things quiet, and to allow others to gain experience as the masters of this game did: read read read experiment read experiment read.

Understood. I'll keep my findings private.

Though if someone wants to PM me with a little help I'd sure appreciate it. I think I'm ready to be on the pit crew for rebuilding this T60....

Just out of curiosity, does a 303 mod even do any good if your goal is to avoid a clone kill?
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Originally posted by AlphaWolf
    Just out of curiosity, does a 303 mod even do any good if your goal is to avoid a clone kill?
    I don't believe so.

THERE IS *NO* 303 mod for the direcTiVo. For people who are REALLY interested in learning, there is a wealth of information available once you understand what you are doing. Potentially dangerous information will not be given to people without a minimum understanding if how to use it. At the present time the minimum understanding is the ability to write an st20 disassembler, or proof that you can disassemble st20 code by hand (the disassembler is the preferred route). Help is available to find the information needed to do that.

A ZKT mod is a tool. if used in a planned manner, along with other tools, it can be useful in preventing a whole lot of nastiness. That said, anything short of intercepting and interpreting the packets that will reach the cards cannot guarantee protection.

for instance, by changing the camID that the receiver THINKS the card has, the receiver will not send any messages to the card that were specifically intended for the card, unless Directv encapsulates them in a global packet. If you make the disparity great enough, the receiver will not even send packets intended for that cards group. At that point, Directv still has the option of sending a global clone kill (it goes to every card without regard to camID), or some other form of ecm that does not target a particular card or group. All that aside, there *MAY* be hidden features on the cards. for instance, add some hidden, apparantly irrelevant code to all valid cards one at a time, then send a glogal message via the key seed packet telling the asic to question the card. if the hidden code is not found, disable the asic..

now, directv has been very friendly to hackers, and there's no particular reason to think that they'd change, but there's no good reason to think that they'd bother to continue service if their entire infrastrucure had been hacked.

I would love to know how have an easy way to enable / disable prom and software updates!

I've used an H card on my DSR6000 all I did was copy the CAMID/ZKT from a HU card onto a H card and unmarried it.

Originally posted by JimBliss
    I would love to know how have an easy way to enable / disable prom and software updates!
    Wouldn't we all! - Read the thread on the subject called LOCK down the Flash
    I've used an H card on my DSR6000 all I did was copy the CAMID/ZKT from a HU card onto a H card and unmarried it. [/B]
    Did you Read the title of this thread before posting? If you did and still think your post was on topic, then I suggest you try to Read a bit more.
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"