Thread: drive replacement type

Question drive replacement type

Does anyone know of problems usinga 7200 rpm drive instead of a 5400 ? I can't see trouble but a performance gain maybe.

You won't see any performance gain, and most people avoid the 7200rpm drives because they give off more heat. The only 7200 drive I'd recommend is the Seagate Barracuda IV, it is the quietest drive around. Otherwise, save your money and get a 5400.

PS Avoid Western Digital drives, they are LOUD!!!

I didn't think of the noise factor. I keep seeing everyone talking about 2 drives. Is this just to get more space or is the tivo system setup as some primary - secondary drive system that requires two drives ? I have a T60 I just purchased. Does this thing have a 40gig and what hours will 60 gig buy me 50% more ? Thanks for the first response

I didn't think of the noise factor. I keep seeing everyone talking about 2 drives. Is this just to get more space or is the tivo system setup as some primary - secondary drive system that requires two drives ? I have a T60 I just purchased. Does this thing have a 40gig and what hours will 60 gig buy me 50% more ? Thanks for the first response

Some come with two drives, others just one. They all can use two drives. It's all about record time, the more you have, the more you'll want!