Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EditTitle.tcl - A Few New Features

Unhappy Okay

That's what I thought. I'm still working on getting the cable right. I should probably just break down and buy a ready made one.

Thanks... I'll post my success... when I get there!

Cable is toooo simple.

pin 2 tip
    pin 3 ring
    pin5 sleeve

If you can remove the HD and load xtreme the cable is a cake walk.

Now Showing folders

I have seen several discussions on the idea of folders in Now Showing, but have not heard of anyone getting it to work. I believe it is more of a limitation of the Tivo interface, the Now Showing menu is not really a file browser, but more of a report of recordings found within the folder.

EditTitle2.5 - cleaned up a bit

The recent posts reminded me that I never posted the last version.

New Feature:
    * Display misc info on an Fsid

Fixes:
    * Deleted program listing only shows deleted programs, no other items
    * In listings you have the option to return to the menu after a screenful
    * Code is more error-tolerant, db only open when needed
    Last edited by Netboy; 04-03-2002 at 12:00 AM.

35 Question?

The script is awesome...

Is there a way to generate the recorded items in more of a listing similar to like when you type dir...that way you can see the listings all on 1 page. Or is there a way to export that so it can be viewed in excel???

Just curious...

Keep up the good werk!!!

35 Question?

Whoops...accidentally posted twice
    Last edited by ReDRoVeR; 03-14-2002 at 09:16 PM.

EditTitle3 - more features

Had a request to add a feature to change ToDo list items. Finally got time to add the time changes too. Tested all the new stuff but didn't go back to verify all the old, hope I didn't mmistype somewhere.

New Features:
    * Added ability to change ToDo titles
    * Added information on current Tivo resources
    * Added ability to change times on recordings
    * Changed the menu display

Enjoy

Edittitle work with v 1.3 on SA Tivo?

Will EditTitle v 3 work with version 1.3 on SA Tivo??
    Or does it have to be ver 2.5?

Edittitle work with v 1.3 on SA Tivo?

Sorry for the delayed response, been working with a tivo harddrive crash, ugh. I have to say though, I can verify the old wives/tech tale that putting it in the freezer for an hour allowed me to get it to boot up so I could copy my scripts. Chalk one up for the technology of the refridgerator.

I've had a few people ask about the compatibility of version 1.3 tivo software. I don't have an older tivo to test so I can't tell you too much, except I am pretty sure I've seen others post that the directory structure is very different.

If you really wanted to make it work, you could post and ask others about the location of recordings and history, and then swap those into the script.

Version 2.5 has history under "/Recording/History", recordings under "/Recording/NowShowing", and todo under "/Recording/Active". If you get it working with 1.3, post it because several have asked. I'll answer anything I can, so good luck.

And I will try to fix the bug where after you change the recording info it loops again and asks to change the same program, that happens when you change the date to an earlier one. Not a biggie for now, just bothersome.

Great script! I previously used jpag's uprec2.tcl to rename the video recordings I transferred to my TiVo. Since edittitle3.tcl allows changing the start/stop dates, I have been able to alphabetize the Now Playing list. Some problems have popped up:

1) The "play progress" display bar get royally screwed up on a few recordings. Total time is correct but current point in playback is at the end with a bizarre number as the point-in-time (e.g. 216:01 on a recording of :46). If I put the date back to the original value, the problem is corrected. Also, putting the

I have tried using the full "MM/DD/YYYY" format when changing the start/stop dates with some success but not always. TiVo still shows the original recording date to the right of the program's menu screen so it obviously has multiple date fields associated with a file. Any thoughts, suggestions?

2) Sometimes after making a change, the script repeats the update field questions (i.e. reply y to make changes but instead of starting a initial menu it's back to enter new title). I usually just hit enter through the questions and then enter n to NOT make changes. Any idea what causes this?

3) What's the trick to getting the backspace key to work (using Tera-term)?

Again, thanks for the effort and time you've invested.

Originally posted by LBCABOB
    Great script! I previously used jpag's uprec2.tcl to rename the video recordings I transferred to my TiVo. Since edittitle3.tcl allows changing the start/stop dates, I have been able to alphabetize the Now Playing list. Some problems have popped up:

1) The "play progress" display bar get royally screwed up on a few recordings. Total time is correct but current point in playback is at the end with a bizarre number as the point-in-time (e.g. 216:01 on a recording of :46). If I put the date back to the original value, the problem is corrected. Also, putting the

I have tried using the full "MM/DD/YYYY" format when changing the start/stop dates with some success but not always. TiVo still shows the original recording date to the right of the program's menu screen so it obviously has multiple date fields associated with a file. Any thoughts, suggestions?

2) Sometimes after making a change, the script repeats the update field questions (i.e. reply y to make changes but instead of starting a initial menu it's back to enter new title). I usually just hit enter through the questions and then enter n to NOT make changes. Any idea what causes this?

3) What's the trick to getting the backspace key to work (using Tera-term)?

Again, thanks for the effort and time you've invested.
    1- I've seen that happen if you modify the start and end times.
    if the show is 1 hour, make sure that you enter 1 hr difference between start and end time (not date)

2- haven't happened to me

3- try ^H (that's control H)

Arthur
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal

Lightbulb Question about changing info

Ok, I've got the basics of using this program down....I think.

Just one question.....

I just want to change the title, but not the rest of the info. If I just hit return instead of re-entering the other stuff (recording date and time) does it keep the info as is, or enter a blank?

Thanks
    Thong
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing through the leather straps ...

LBCABOB: Just like Arthur said, double-check your start and stop times if you have changed them. And also check the start and stop days while you are changing them. Remember that the Tivo uses gmt time, so often the show will start on 5/18 and end on 5/19, even though in your time it was the same night. I've looked past that several times when changing and wound up with the same symtom.

And yes the script repeats itself again, this happens when you change a show date into the past. It's annoying but doesn't cause a prob, I've updated the script to fix it, just have to tailor and post it again.

As far as backspace, I don't have Tera, check Arthur's advice.

Thong: If you enter past all the info you do not want to change, it will just make the changes you typed.

Glad you guys like it, and dare I ask, any other suggestions for features?

I would like to see an option to append the episode name to every show. (as opposed to manualy entering in the name of every show you want to rename, although leave the option to rename different shows completely at will a la the origional tivotitle)
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Netboy,
    Great tool, the best out there to edit Titles, most others crash my Tivo.
    If you would add any enhancements, the following would be on top of my list.
    In Edit mode

- Hitting enter without a value should keep the default recording value for all fields and not just the Title. (ie date, time ...)
    Maybe it already does, but it's not obvious.

- It would be nice that while I'm in Edit mode, it doesn't exit to main menu until I ask it to, this way I can do multiple edits without each time going to the Edit menu.

- While in Edit, it would be nice to go to the first, next, previous or last record without typing the FSID.

- Can I Specify a Year for date?
    I label my favorite shows by season-episode number and date it the same so that they are sorted in that order.
    Very easy and quick to do, and no need to keep track of what dates were entered.
    However this poses a slight nuisance for shows that end up having dates which are newer than today
    example 6-12 being season 6 episode 12 would have a date of 06/12
    but that's in the future, so in my Tivo, Now Playing, i see those episode higher than the most recent recordings.
    If i could set the year to 2001, then that would not be a in issue.

these are just suggestions to make my life easier, and by no mean it implies demands.

Thank you for your contributions.

Arthur
    Arthur
    "One can acquire everything in solitude, except character." - Henri Stendhal