Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm interested in making a 1 CD backup of your tivo!

Yup. My backup was bad. I restored my full-sized backup and ran everything again and came out with 384M (1.3/1.21) without bothering to zero out any of the stuff. I'll probably mount it up byte-swapped again and clear everything out then try bzipping it again. FOr now this is fine though. As long as it fits on a single CDR I am happy.

I guess the next thing to do is to try to replace some of the animations (like the startup animation) with MUCH smaller ones and see what happens. I am really happy to have a single CD backup now though.

The only thing that would make me happier would be a version of zaptivo that works without the byte swapping. From what I can see it would not be all that hard. Just replace the ioctl in open_mfs with one that does raw reads and parses them (there is a perl script on AVSForum that shows how) then if the drive signature is backwards, flip all the things you are looking for (MAGIC_SIGNATURE, etc) and writing and that should take care of it.

A

upload it

jasch

Using ZapTivo I was able to create a 136MB 2.x backup of my Sony SVR-2000... I was able to use my stored-HD for something else after that <grin>.
    seeing all requests for sony backups I have in the mailbox, I think it is time for you to upload your back up. Look at the back up thread in this forum or pm me.

the smallest backup I have on the ftp is 360mb...come on: lots of you can beat that. pm me to upload all those different versions and types. We like virgins as wel as hacked oldies..

I must just have too may help file printed out I am looking for the commands to make a back up and restore one Anyone got them handy?
    1Dave1

howto's section

You didn't search this forum very well, did you? since I feel generous to day ( didn't post for a while) I'll post the obvious:
    first threads in the directTV TiVo Hacking: sticky howto's

well I like this one: hindsdale

good luck and upload your fresh back up to here ( let others benifit)

Last edited by Lure; 01-23-2002 at 04:20 AM.

Talking SVR-2000 2.5.1 Virgin/Factory

okay - got my hard drives from compuplus, got my tivonet and hdd bracket from 9thtee, my sonic blue rio mp3 player (hey, waitaminit - wrong forum )

seriously, i've started uploading a virgin/factory backup of my Sony SVR-2000 30 hour single drive unit to the incoming directory. it's software version 2.5.1, and about 90 megabytes.

hope this helps some of you . . .

keith721

Last edited by tokapeba; 02-06-2002 at 10:36 PM.