Thread: Uninstalling Extreme

Uninstalling Extreme

Question:

Sony T60...Stock harddrive PLUS Maxtor 120...extreme installed in both.

If I wanted to have my unit (Both harddrives) totaly legit...with NO hack...pay for lifetime sub..and plug in my phoneline....what would I need to do to my harddrives? Could I just leave them as they are...call and subscribe? Will any "hack" be seen? Will it even make the daily call or will it get bypassed?

How if at all...can I put both harddrives back to "factory" specs?

(This is just a thought, mostly curious....I am very happy as I am)

Thanks!

Sammy

I believe 25xtreme without the subtest leaves no trail of you being "hacked". However, you can easily restore the hard drive to its virgin, factory state if you:

A) made a backup of the hard drive before putting 25xtreme on there

B) find one of the virgin MFS images somewhere on the net
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Well you'll still have a hacked PROM. If you want to get back to "original", you'll have to reflash it too.

I would just want it clean enough so i could subscribe to DTV and TIVO service. What then would that require?

Originally posted by Sammy
    I would just want it clean enough so i could subscribe to DTV and TIVO service. What then would that require?
    Then it's like Alpha said, just delete the S**T*** file and reboot.

PS If you made any changes to kill your log files, you'll have to undo them as well.

How could I reflash a prom on an extreme t-60 to a virgin prom??????????????
    The closer the threads the tighter the fabric.

Yes you can back up and or restore your prom.

You would need to get an original unhacked 2.5 prom image.
    Avaiable on this forum from a few months back.
    It is also available on an unhacked 2.5 image.

/# getprom ?
    usage: getprom [-hostname] [-ipaddr] [-macaddr] [-bootparam] [-memconfig] [-videoc
    onfig] [-gateway] [-Update filename] [-checksum] [-dump filename]
    /#

you would use:

getprom -Update filename.bin

I saved my orig hard drive and ran Extreme25 on a new drive so I still have the initial 2.01 drive that my system came with. I want to restore my system to virgin state but I'm worried that things will go bad since my prom was updated. I don't have the origional bin file to restore (I've searched the forums without luck as well).

From what I've read the proper prom should be on my 2.01 drive but how do I read it without hacking the drive? Can I just use a linux boot disk and get it from /prom/TiVoProm.bin while the drive is connected to my computer? Then I could update the prom from the 2.5 bash prompt, shutdown, swap drives back to my 2.01 disk and be ok?

What would happen if I put my 2.01 disk back in my system that has the prom from Extreme25?

I need to get this system in a form that can be returned (I didn't mess up the sticker when I upgraded).

The virgin prom isn't on the ent anywhere because it's on your tivo HD

Thanks. Found it in /prom. There where a couple of bins in there all clearly labled by the file name.

So simple