Hello,

I read through many of the FAQ's and I am in the process of loading Xtreme2.5 on my TiVo drive. I successfully completed the backup procedure using Mfstool. However, that was my first experience with Linux. I am extremely experienced with Windows/dos and I am using this project as a stepping stone to get into Linux. So here goes my question. . .

When I booted up using Kazymyr's boot CD, I assume that the CD-ROM is the default directory that I am looking at when I get to the command line. The directions then told me that before I could backup, I had to make a directory and mount the C:\ drive (my windows partition) to that directory. So I did it. But the directions told me to issue the following command first:

mkdir /mnt/dos

I understand that this makes a directory for me to map my c:\ mounting to. But since I booted off of the CD-ROM (Read-Only) and I have not yet mounted any hard disks at this point, where is that directory created? Is it created in memory?

Any help you can give would be appreciated as I am striving to better understand all of this.