Thread: Showcase/tivolation

Hybrid View

Showcase/tivolation

Downloaded PGMs file for this and have been reading to find out the proper set up for the file. The one I got didn't come with a readme. Found one thread here that said load in the / bin file and then said "chmod with 777 or something like that" when he used the exression something like that doesnt fill me with confidence. Could someone tell me the correct entry to activate the file and is there a line that needs to be placed in a rc.sysinit file.

The file SC.TCL needs to be moved to your Tivo. Make it excuatble using the chmod command as in chmod +x SC.TCL.

execute the SC.TCL file once -- No entry in rc.sysinit is required.

I have question for you on this same topic, what is the command line to use for executing?

Go to the directory where you placed the file, then type

./sc.tcl

or if you didn't rename it, then it's probably still all caps, so

./SC.TCL

Thanks Bubbles, worked like a charm, appreciate the assistance.

I typed in ./Sc.tcl at the bash prompt from the directory containing the file and it said "permission denied". What did I do wrong? I put it in the tvbin dir. Thanks for any help offered.

You used a capital S, is the file name really Sc.tcl? Unix is case sensitive, so double check that.

Also make sure you've done chmod +x on the file.

I typed it exactly as it showed up in the file list. I deleted, resent, chmod +x, and this time it worked. Thank you very much BubbleLamp.