Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2.5 Extreme Upgrade

If you have Tivoweb running, there is a remount as r/w option

should not matter if tivoweb is running.... I change my tivo enough that I deleted the read only mount from KRAVEN's rc.remote-login to avoid having to remount every time I want to upload or edit anything..

Kraven's Upgrade w/o NOPPV

Hi all...

I'm running a legit subscription, and therefore have eliminated the NOPPV from Kraven's upgrade.

I was curious about the install... Kraven mentions to run 'sync' after running noppv on first bootup. What does this do, and is it only for noppv users?

"sync" is a system primitive...it insures file system integrity by flushing unwritten system buffers out to the disk (all file modifications up to the call in this case). Yes, it needs to be done to assure the above.
    "What God wants...God gets...God help us all" -Roger Waters

Excuse me for my newbieness, and I tried to search for an answer to no avail.

Everytime I try and send something zmodem over telnet I keep getting the following:

rz: tyhttpd removed.

I'm stumped. I have remounted the partition using "mount -o remount,rw /" and it still keeps popping up

Any insight would be appreciated...

well I think I found the answer to my question on another forum.

Here

Actually, an easier answer then using all the web server commands is to just FTP the files over. You're also running and FTP server on your Tivo you know. Just use any FTP client to send the files over and it's a snap. What could be easier?

That is what I ended up doing. Thanks for the advice tho. Now if I can just figure out why smbfs won't bind... BTW this is a great upgrade. In a few easy steps after running this upgrade I had mfs_stream and tytool running.

For what it's worth, this fixed my problem on my upgrade I did today... I use DHCP but like to assign static IPs to devices that are always around... Gives me better contorl of them.. main system(port forwarding), print server, and now tivo(I-Net access blocking, just to be safe )...

jfkjfk

Originally posted by KRavEN
    I had answered this a couple of pages back, but here goes again:

As far as the static ip stuff goes, I had assumed anyone using one would not have a DHCP server running on the network. If you do have a DHCP server running on the nework and want to use static addressing, then rename the dhcpclient script from /sbin to something else and then add the statements to the top of rc.remote-login.

Let me know if this does not work.

Hi,

What happend to the extreme web site? Is that project dead? Underground? What? Anyplace to get 25xtreme on the net?

Thx

i have KRavEN's update on my t60 and its working just fine, i just installed my tivonet card from 9th tee and its working fine

the only thing is, i cant telnet or ftp to the tivo at all
    i have opened those ports on that ip assigned by the router in the router
    its a linksys by the way

but no go on the telnet or ftp
    they have loaded at reboot

i did a "ps x" and see that tivoftpd is running, but i cant login

any ideas?

thanks

Your problem may be that Kraven's update expects a DHCP server to assign IP address to your TIVO.. I can't remember exact details but if you search around a little on kraven's update dhcp ip address, you find you just need to rename or remove one file, and then you'll get the static address that you've assigned it... assuming you've been trying to access via a static ip you set up for it...

jfkjfk

Originally posted by UnionYes
    i have KRavEN's update on my t60 and its working just fine, i just installed my tivonet card from 9th tee and its working fine

the only thing is, i cant telnet or ftp to the tivo at all
    i have opened those ports on that ip assigned by the router in the router
    its a linksys by the way

but no go on the telnet or ftp
    they have loaded at reboot

i did a "ps x" and see that tivoftpd is running, but i cant login

any ideas?

thanks
    If you are using DHCP, make sure you set a default gateway in the DHCP lease info, so it will be passed to the Tivo when the IP is granted.

Also, you should be able to ping it from a PC on the local segment regardless of the router's settings.

the gateway is all set in the router
    i can access the net on all other machines on the router just fine
    with DHCP
    along with my playstation 2

i can ping the main ip to the router just fine
    just cant get into the box through telnet or ftp

by the way, the tivonet is getting out ok cuz it is making calls when i tell it to do so

so im at a loss now