Thread: Mvchannesl W/2.5upgrade

Exclamation Mvchannesl W/2.5upgrade

Sorry all who already read my inquiry in the 2.5upgrade thread but its been 36 hours without a single response to answer it one way or the other. So I am submitting this in hopes that someone who knows will be looking at it.

Did the upgrade, in the process it deleted my /var/hack which contained my mvchannels. So now, all locals have returned to the the 00-100s, and I mean all locals from the entire country. I have mounted and changed to read/write I have RZed all 3 files over to several different locations including one I created. Each time I get the following error when I run it.

"couldn't scan startup script /tvlib/tcl/tv/tv.ini"

And yes I am running exactly the same way as before when it was working fine.

I would just to know if mvchannesl can even be run with the upgrade and if so what am I doing wrong. Using drs6000

Thanks to all in advance

post location of your mvchannels.tcl and channels.dat file AND the exact command you're using to start up the mvchannels.tcl script, please...

Thanks Rubik, I tried in many locations, even recreated the var/hack directory, I think I tried it in /bin, and /hack and, /etc. Each time I put all 3 files in the same place and set it up just like I did before upgrading and no what command I use with Mvchannels I get the same error posted above. I even gave up on mvchannels and went back to 900s.tcl to try it. Same exact error message. There is something in the upgrade that changed. Probably something as simple as a file referenced, but I just don't have the unix knowledge to decipher the if thens.

you are using a -file parameter on the command line for mvchannels.tcl to specify where the channels.dat file is located, right?

but on to the error... does the file /tvlib/tcl/tv/tv.ini exist? i don't have access to my dtivo now to check and do not know what is in that file or what calls it but i assume mvchannels.tcl calls it via /tvlib/tcl/tv/mfslib.tcl?!!

did you mess with anything in your /tvlib/tcl/tv dir? i don't think the update messes with that dir although i haven't looked at all the files and haven't done the update myself yet...

Yes I verified the files existance, here is my command line

./mvchannels -loop=4 -file=(where ever I actually put the channels.dat at that time)

Same line that I was using before the upgrade and it worked fine. I haven't changed anything in that arena. I haven't messed with any of the existing files. Wouldnt know what to do with them anyway. All I have done so far is mount the drive and make it read/write. The upgrade changed the root to read only. I am guessing that reason is to protect it from a possible 3.0 upgrade that might come in thru the data stream.

What I really need is the guy who created this upgrade or someone who truly understands what the upgrade is doing to test mvchannels on it and decipher how the upgrade has created this error. I do appreciate you stepping and trying you have been a great help since I started in this new aspect of our hobby.

I am having the same problem. Haven't had time to look at though.

Lightbulb Have you seen this?

I did a search for the actual error message and came up with this.

[url]http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4689&highlight=couldnt+scan+startup+script+%2Ftvlib%2Ftcl%2Ftv%2Ftv.ini[url]

I'm not sure if I did that link right. Essentially the thread states that placing the /bin/bash in the wrong place in rc.sysinit can cause this error message. I haven't had the opportunity to modify mine yet to see it it works so let me know if anyone figures this out.

Wilde-Man

Tried your fix colonol as I posted on your thread, didnt make any difference. Must be something else you did as well that got it working for you. Here is the error cut and pasted from my teraterm window

bash-2.02# ./mvchannels.tcl reload
    <166>May 13 17:26:51 tcl[217]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes
    WARNING: couldn't scan startup script /tvlib/tcl/tv/tv.ini
    WARNING: eval result : can't read "env(TIVO_ROOT)": no such element in arrayChannels being
    reloaded...
    <134>May 13 17:26:52 AttachSharedMemoryFile[217]: Can't open key file /var/tmp/pseudo for
    attach, errno 2

unable to initialize filesystem
    while executing
    "dbopen"
    (procedure "mv_reload" line 6)
    invoked from within
    "mv_reload $inpfile"
    (file "./mvchannels.tcl" line 449
    Last edited by Mikell808; 05-13-2002 at 02:15 PM.

Here is how I got mvchannels to work.
    I reloaded the drive with 25xtreme
    Created a directory called /hack2
    Put mvchannels, channels.dat and main.dat in the /hack2 dir
    Got mvchannels working
    Applied the 2.5 upgrade
    Tried mvchannels (it failed)
    Added /tvlib to the path in rc.sysinit
    Rebooted the Dtivo
    Ran mvchannels successfully and added it to rc.sysinit as the last line with a <return> after the command