Thread: Buy open box Sony T60 from store?

Question Buy open box Sony T60 from store?

As you can see, I'm new here but I always wanted a DTivo to play with Anyway, I saw an open box Sony T60 except it has no remote and no manual, only an av cable or something. It's selling for $90. Is factory remote essential for operation? Is it easy to get one from Sony or an appropriate substitute? Thanks.

if it doesn't require a dtv contract I would say its worth it, the remote from what I hear is pretty easy to get ahold of.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Thanks. Looks like I'll be heading out after work for this unit. Where can I get a remote? I'm going to call sony in the morning but don't want to get reamed for a high price remote? Also, what's a good place to get a multiplexor at a decent price. Thanks in advance.

I am not sure where to get a remote, thats just what ive heard, contact sony I guess. I just bought a 5x8 multiswitch from www.copperbox.com (these are pretty hard to find).

Also be sure that when you buy it, theres nothing that they make you sign which says it must be subscribed in 30 days, etc. If you can, buy it with cash and dont give them your address.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Lots of SAT-T60 remotes on ebay for about $25-35.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

universal remote

there are many universal remotes that can be programmed to work with your directivo. See this thread for more info:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...threadid=10743