Thread: Unscramble Streams

17 Unscramble Streams

This is a tricky one. I have every episode of my sons favorate show on my T-60 (2 160gb , extreme 2.5 & Kaven's latest upgrade). Right now they are scrambled. I have ordered a turbonet card ( coming any day now), I want to ( if possable) save all his shows to my local computer (Winxp) or my linux box (Redhat 7.3) unscamble then and send them back to the tivo ( of course after i have uncommented the unscrable module from the rc sript that I commented out after Kravens upgrade.

It might take alot of work on my end i know but my sons loves Buzz Lightyear and I dont wan to erase them all.

This will not work, its currently impossible to unscramble something that is stored to the hard disk as being scrambled.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

I don't know much about this.. but a thought occured to me:

Would it be possible to create a driver to control the /dev/mpeg* device files (i.e. create new mpeg device files with different major numbers), for the purpose of piping the video and audio streams to a file instead of the mpeg decoder? I am assuming the streams would be unscrambled at this point.
    Tomorrow is a whole new day!

ghostcoder looked into that but thus far nobody has tried it.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Thanks guys for the info.. I was streching it abit. I will probally just erase everything and start recording stuff all over again. I would have loved to burn that stuff to a svcd before erasing it. Oh well I will dump it to tape.

Don't delete those scrambled files yet...

jdliner may have found a way to do a decrypt:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...=&postid=50870

:)

Yes sir! I knew someone was working on this. Just for people to know I am working on compiling pico up for people who want it.. I see alot of request for it. I am just getting statred but when I have somehting I will post it.

And as always thanks