Thread: Need help with setting up lifetime sub

Need help with setting up lifetime sub

I am hoping someone will be kind enough to help me.

I have set up my Hughes GXCEBOT 35 hour with 25xtreme and the tv watching is fine-the upgrade took but now I am trying to do the lifetime sub and have run into trouble.

I was told to copy fixup02.tcl to a floppy and rename it fixsub.tcl, and then boot computer with 25xtreme cd with tico drive as secondary master.

Did all that, I hit enter at boot prompt and then typed root at next prompt.
    But when I type "mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/dosfloppy"
    it tells me mount point /mnt/dosfloppy does not exist

What am I doing wrong? How do I proceed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Type mkdir /mnt/dosfloppy before you use the mount command.

Actually, you shouldn't need to do this if you ran Xtreme. You just need to run the touch command on a certain file in the etc directory, then reboot and tell it to make a daily call (without the phone line plugged in).

Last edited by BubbleLamp; 06-07-2002 at 12:33 PM.

You don't need to do that if you have bash. v25xtreme is already setup for fixsub. All you have to do is enter
    touch /etc/SubTest
    from bash (exactly like that)

Problem solved!

Thanks for the great help. It works! I went the non-bash route simply because I don't have a bash cable yet.

On an unrelated topic, I now see that the dual tuner record feature is not enabled in my system information. Is that because I do not have my second cable from my dual lnb screwed into the back of the directivo or is software related?

If it's software related, any ideas as to how to fix this?

Once again, I am very grateful for the help you gave me.

To activate 2nd tuner you need to go to Satellite Dish Setup->Repeat Satellite Dish Guided Setup

Dual tuners enabled!

Of course---I guess if I had thought about for a little bit more..... Anyway, I now have dual tuners enabled. It's just that up till now I have never hooked up the second cable.

Thanks again!

I'm not sure you want to activate the 2nd tuner unless you have it connected to LNB. It might try to record using the 2nd tuner, but I'm not sure since I haven't tried it.