Thread: tmpgenc, codecs, question. :)

Hybrid View

tmpgenc, codecs, question. :)

Hey all.. after I finally got my tmpgenc working again (don't know what I did.. it now does things (relatively) fast). However, I have a problem that I never had before. I use vsplit to make a .mpv and .mpa file, then i mux them together with tmpgenc, but when I try to load them into a project in tmpgenc I get "cannot open or unsupported". It's weird. This always worked before (using simple multiplex). I think it's because I've installed some other programs (like pinnacle impression) this afternoon, but I always thought tmpgenc used internal codecs that wouldn't be affected. anyone know what might be wrong? thanks! again..

gosquad

Regardless of what codec I've had loaded on my system, I never have been able to load the files into Tmpgenc ("cannot open or unsupported" everytime). Since the jdiner era started, I have been able to load simplemux'ed mpeg's into it's "merge and cut" mpeg tool, but only if I also had the windvd3 codec loaded on the system.

So, at least in my experience, Tmpgenc is dependant on the codecs that are loaded on the system.

ps.
    i'm the guy who got so excited when I was able to get good edit's without loosing sync in Tmpgenc's merge and cut tool. ...as long as windvd is loaded, it works.

Good Luck!!

Fugg:

You should install the MPEG-2 Video VFAPI Plug-in for TMPGEnc which I posted in this thread.

Originally posted by Perplexer
    Fugg:

You should install the MPEG-2 Video VFAPI Plug-in for TMPGEnc which I posted in this thread.
    Hmm. this is weird. Until today I could import .mpv, .mpg, .mpa.. any mpg file into tmpgenc.. So annoying.

I tried this plug-in but it just seems to hang tmpgenc now when i pick that file to import.. Should it take a long time to import?

gosquad

Originally posted by gosquad

Hmm. this is weird. Until today I could import .mpv, .mpg, .mpa.. any mpg file into tmpgenc.. So annoying.

I tried this plug-in but it just seems to hang tmpgenc now when i pick that file to import.. Should it take a long time to import?

gosquad
    Never mind! seems to work.. just takes a while to import. odd.. but whatever works!

thanks!
    gosquad

Originally posted by Perplexer
    Fugg:

Thanks!

now i can transcode, if i ever need to!