Thread: Ok got DSR6000 CD now what order?

Ok got DSR6000 CD now what order?

My new GXCEBOT arrives tommorrow. I have read the the FAQs and read the posts in these forums but there are a few things that still confuse me. I have an 80gb hard drive waiting. I want to replace the existing hard drive witht he 80gb one to start with.

I have created the DSR6000 Extreme CD, so do I run that and then kravens update right away? Or do I reboot and test first.

Does Kravens Update do the touch fixup thing or do I do that seperate?

Finally, does Kravens stop the 2.5.2 update, or should it be applied after taking the 2.52 update?

I'll answer your questions the best I can.

First, you don't need the Kraven Update, but it wouldn't hurt, and from what I hear, It Does help to stop the 2.5.2 update.

I would reboot and test before using the Kraven update, because it is required to flash the prom, and kravens thing may do nothing if the prom isn't flashed.

I'm not sure if Kraven's update does the Touch Thing. I assume that it doesn't.

Here's part of the readme from Kraven's update. From what I saw in his rc files, I don't think he's taken too many steps to stop 2.5.2, so you may want to investigate that further. (He may have modded some other stuff, I only just took a quick look.)

After reboot your tivonet or turbonet will be installed and looking to a DHCP server for their ip address. Noppv, logsnull, and fixsub run daily. Tivoweb, telnet, smbfs.o, nfs.o, bash on ttyS3 at 115200, noscramble, and sc are loaded during bootup. Vi and joe will work over serial or telnet. Finally there is full compatibility with tivoapp using netcat and a renamed mfs_stream. Root is also remounted readonly during boot. There are no longer any essential files on the var partition, so if the tivo decides to format and rebuild, no problem. There may be some other helpfull stuff in here, but I can't remember right now.

Question Kravens Update, DOes it do anything to help with 2.52 update?

I see that in hs readme is says the following:

""There are no longer any essential files on the var partition, so if the tivo decides to format and rebuild, no problem. There may be some other helpfull stuff in here, but I can't remember right now."

So does this mean that his script has moved files that would be affected by the update so that it can take the update and I will still have full functionality of all the stuff that xtreme25 and his update install?

Also just above that quote I think he said that his script loads "sc". What is sc? I know PGM released a small script that I think was named sc that would stop the 2.52 update, is this the same thing?

Can someone who has installed xtreme25 and KRavens Update please tell me if they received the 2.5.2 update and if it affected anything?