Thread: TiVo/25Xtreme Question

TiVo/25Xtreme Question

I just upgraded my 3rd Tivo box using 25Xtreme and actually get to keep this one (a buddy had it in his garage) it's a DSR6000, which is the same model I worked with before. However, it's been a few months since I did one of these and it appears TiVo has sent some sort of upgrade out via satellite.

One of the original HD's had crashed so I used two new 40GB drives w/25Xtreme and all appeared to be well. I didn't "bash" into it or do anything else - just "plugged and played" and for the first hour it ran fine. However, after that it started saying it hadn't called in and needed to before I'd get TiVo functionality. I tried forcing a call and it said the phone line was disconnected (which, of course it is...) so still no go. Oh, and not sure if this is pertinent or not but I forgot to force a call the first time it came up - I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it too...

Anyhoo, I browsed several threads and found a whole bunch of stuff but not sure what's the right thing to use. All I'm after is TiVo functionality and locals in my area - I think locals might require something too.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!

Talking

Nevermind... It'd had been a while since I did one of these and I forgot what I needed to do from the bash prompt... Found it again after a little reading!!

I'm now reading on the locals issue, so if anyone has suggestions on which file to use please let me know.

Later!

HAL