Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: TyTool Alpha #5, a Client/server with internal VSplit...

failed to write to stdout

Anyone know why I would be getting this error.

failed to write to stdout..

Please help, I'm so close but I can get anything off my tivo..

When I saw this, it was because TyTool running on my PC had an invalid local directory. I had it set to "D:\TivoExt", but that directory did not exist on my machine. Double check that and see if it fixes it.

Anyone heard from jdiner?

TyTool5 closes following deletions?

When I delete single or multiple shows, TyTool5 deletes the shows then closes. Is this normal? Anyone else seeing this?

Extraction and all else seems fine. I'm running XP pro and have an Xtreme25 box with Kravens update on it.

Re: softencode

Originally posted by chimera
    You can skip the step to convert from m2a to wav, just rename the .m2a file to .ac3, and import into softencode using "decode to pcm". Once it's in, you can code to .ac3.

Maestro complains about the timestamps I put in using Softencode don't match the video timestamps. Therefore Maestro can't sync up the audio just right. I have to do it manually (change the audio start time) which is a real pain. Anyway have a different way to sync up audio in Maestro?
    How do you change the audio start time in Maestro? I've been trying to do this. Just dragging the audio track to a new position on the timeline doesn't change the Offset in the Properties for the M2A track.

When I delete single or multiple shows, TyTool5 deletes the shows then closes. Is this normal? Anyone else seeing this?
    Yes, I see it all the time. I believe there was another post about this. It shouldn't be anything to worry about and is apparently normal behavior. It doesn't happen every time but I'd say probably 3 out of 4 times I select a program for deletion.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Hey guys if I am missing something here please let me know...

When ever I refresh using TyTool I get the following:

Reading list from the server...
    Clear Now Showing List...
    Connecting to '192.168.0.4'
    Connected...
    Getting NowShowing data...
    Total Size = 685kbytes in 1.813000 seconds...
    Unknown tag <166>
    tag data <l 25 02:18:31 tcl[329]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes>

I can get the streams off of there with no prob, but when I try and delete on I get:

Connected...
    Deleting 'Ripley's Believe It or Not!'... Done.
    Clear Now Showing List...
    Connected...
    Getting NowShowing data...
    Total Size = 685kbytes in 1.613000 seconds...
    Unknown tag <166>
    tag data <l 25 02:20:33 tcl[331]: Tcl created pool of 1458176 bytes>

And the show is still on there...

If i use the mfs_stream web module it deletes fine.

If it helps I attached a screen shot.

Are you using the latest version of TyTool? You need to make sure the latest version of NowShowing.tcl has been uploaded to the Tivo for the delete feature to function properly. The DELETE button will show up in the UI window if you're using the TyTool5.exe file but it also needs the newer companion files on the Tivo to work correctly.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

I should have exerimented a little before posting previously...

NowShowing.tcl is the right version. My problem it turns out is with TyTool5r2. TyTool5 works like a charm. I didn't mind using mfsstream to delete I just wanted to pass my findings along.

I live... but barely.

Work suddenly ramped up to taking 14+ hours a day from me. I had to slow down and the for the moment pretty much drop the Tivo stuff I was doing. I do need to sleep you know.

I still have plans to get back to things. I really do. I just need to get some time again.

There have been people asking about the mux'ing and that is fine. I don't mind questions just be patient as I try to get the answers back out.

A question I have gotten tons of times is "why not use someone else's muxing code". The reason for that is this. We have timestamp information in the TyStream from the tivo. To get to what other programs mux, we have to remove it. In fact we have to remove all of it. What I am doing is making a mux'er that uses it so the small little skips in audio or video that we get will work seemlessly.

I am almost there. I have been almost there for a long long time. I am just running out of time badly. It won't always be this way. It won't be this way for long. But for right now... I am burning the candle at both ends.

I do promise that as soon as I get some time I will get the latest versions out the door. I have the next release pretty much ready to go I just have not had time to test anything in it.

--jdiner

jdiner, I hope that most people here have other options (I feel I do, e.g. direct-to-SpruceUp/DVD, bbMPEG, TMPGEnc, et. al.) including enjoying [what in my case is a very brief] summer, so I say.... Don't Sweat It.

When you're done I'm sure it will be Good and that many/most of us will be deliriously Happy, especially as we will have gotten something very valuable for Nothing because of your hard work and Philanthropy. Thanks!

Originally posted by jdiner
    I am almost there. I have been almost there for a long long time. I am just running out of time badly. It won't always be this way. It won't be this way for long. But for right now... I am burning the candle at both ends.
    You've already done so much for us, only an ingrate would make the smallest complaint. You do have a real life and a family to support.

But I'm still drooling over your final muxing code. And in the meantime, burning plenty of satisfactory DVD's even if not the perfected streams which your new code will make possible.

I can wait, content in anticipation of your final software.

dark video

TyTool worked great but when I view the m2v in Windows Media Player the video is very dark. Is there any way to correct this? I'm using a sa with 3.0.

tytool on linux

jdiner,
    I know you are a linux guy...
    any chance you have a linux client for your tytool tivo server?
    I try to stay away from windows as much as possible.
    Tytool is a great peice of work!

BTW...

I know some people have been having problems with muxing streams together, and I wanted to report my success with tytool->.m2a/m2v->mplex from (mjpegtools on linux)

I have set out to break the mold....
    I am trying to go linux all the way with my extracted videos....(other than using tytool in windows in the first place)
    I got the .m2a, and .m2v files, which xine(a linux video/audio player) played both seperately right away...

I rigged a script to launch 2 xine players starting at the same time...
    playing the .m2a, and .m2v....
    and this gave me great respect for the work jdiner has done....
    they were perfectly in sync. dead on!!!

so, I tried tcmplex, which comes with transcode(the linux video swiss pocket knife...pretty much does everything)
    and, it muxed the files together, and the first few mins of video, and audio were in sync....but then they jumped off dramatically....

so, I tried mplex from mjpegtools, and it worked perfectly....I can't notice audio, and video being off...

I am now encoding the resultant .mpg file into divx, and next, I will make svcd's...

then, I will dive into taking the original .mpg file, and making a dvd+rw, and see if it will play in any of my dvd drives/players...
    and finally, I will use transcode to make my 480x480 video 720x480, so it is compatable with as many players as possible.

I will keep posting my results...but I intend to use linux all the way.

smokeman