Thread: I did my home work, I need someone to check my answers.

Smile I did my home work, I need someone to check my answers.

I been hacking the SA Tivo for a while, but I'm new to DTivo hacking (It's still in the mail). I have spent many hours reading the forum and how toís (great information guys!). From what I've read, I feel that I am in the minority because I have a subscribed access card and Tivo account. I think this limits the hacks I can use.

I plan to burn DVD/VCD's and play with Tivoweb in the near future, so as soon as I get my Sony T60, I'm going to run a test call just to make sure the modem works then disconnect it forever. I'll make a backup then restore the 25Xtreme image and setup fake calls home.
    Iíll do a unscramble using "dd if=/dev/hda3 of=/dev/hda3 bs=1 skip=468 seek=549960 count=2". (That's on the kernel partition, right?) Finally I'll remove any lines in the rc.sysinit referring to upgradesoftware or prom.

I have not seen any confirmed cases of the software being upgraded via the satellite stream, so I'll wait on the stream blocking script. Unless it becomes stutter free.

Since my access card is limited, I don't see any chance for success using any locals, mvchannels, or noppv hacks. (Right?)

If my research is flawed, please let me know. I think other new DTivo'ers may also benefit.

Thanks!

Cool. Several days, and 52 views have past.
    I'll assume that means I did good.

That, or nobody know what your talking about....

SD