Thread: Tuner Problem ????????

Unhappy Tuner Problem ????????

I have a Philips DSR6000 . It is currently running xtreme2.5, single drive. I have two separate rg6 cables running from dual lnb to the sat inputs. Cables are good... tested with other receivers and another tivo....
    Problem... sat signal on tuner 1.... strong signal on odd transponders, anb a fluctuating or sometimes no signal on the even transponders.??? tested voltage out on the tuners.. both at 13.7v and 18.6. voltage changes as i change from even to odd transponders. ANY IDEAS anyone!

If you're sure the cables are good, no shorts or open wires, then unfortunately the tuner(s) might be bad.

SuperZap is right

I had a Sony Dtivo that went bad. Both tuners went . I had to send it in for repair. Happened after a bad rain storm.

I sent it to

http://www.truettelectronics.com/

They did a good job.

I also purchased 2 of these to protect my unit

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/...CountryCode=us

Unhappy

If it is in fact the tuner gone or going. Seems strange that I get a signal (strong) sometimes. Last night I was able to watch for an hour or so before the "searching for sat. signal on Tuner 1" message showed. When checking signal strength.... i always get a good continuous signal on even transponders, but sometimes on the odd ones, i get a signal that is strong... then drops off,,,, then comes back..... random cycle.......
    Any other ideas guys???????

Any chance of an obstruction? tree branch, etc

No obstructions. Plus, I always get a good signal on Sat2

Sounds like a flakey LNB to me. Swap the coax to the LNBs and see if the problem travels with the coax to the other tuner.