Thread: Downloading Multiple Ty streams

Downloading Multiple Ty streams

On my tivo, I have tivoweb installed and the tivo tystream module. I love it, but now i have a ton (like 40 episodes) of the simpsons i would like to move to my pc. Currently i use the web module, and simply click each one to download it. But I want to grab all 40 at once. Is there any easy way to do this. I have read and read, but cant seem to find the answer. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Frost

I'd recommend either using TyTool, or using NFS and edpuffmonster's MFS Extract TivoWeb 0.7 module (a modified version of TW 1.9.3's UI module, look in the HowTos Thread). He is working on a new version, and should release it soon, which makes it even easier to queue multiple transfer, and that is compatible with TW 1.9.3 and 1.9.4.

TyTool works great in general, it has integrated split, and requires little configuration. However, it has been unreliable for me (my DTivo will reboot after a couple gigs have been sent). ed's Extract module requires more configuration because you need to mount the PC using NFS or Samba, but it gives you a bit more control than TyTool, and (in my case) it's been stable.

If TyTool isn't an option, and you can't setup NFS/Samba, you could edit ed's Extract module to use netcat (there were some posts suggesting to use netcat on the PC with a wait parameter, so you could send multiple files from the TiVo unattended).

Tytool is definitely the way to go. You can cue up multiple episodes for extraction with no problem I would recommend only transferring about a half dozen or so at a time (actually, this is jdiner's recommemdation and since he wrote the program I'd be inclined to go with what he says). I've never had any problems with the program locking up or crashing. It does sometimes generate an error message and shuts down when attempting to delete shows from the Now Showing list but that is apparently normal. Just open it right back up and continue with whatever you are doing with it. You can transfer the shows either as complete tystreams or as split m2v and m2a files ready for importing into SpruceUp or Maestro (need to patch the 1st header to 720 X 480 using DVDPatcher first; get it from the How-To's section) or for muxing in TMPGEnc or whatever you want to use. It's much easier to set up and use than TivoWeb and mfstream.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Tytool. Definitely.