Thread: NB problems loading T60_25XTREME.ISO

NB problems loading T60_25XTREME.ISO

Sorry about being new, but I'm very good with Winblows OS, but clueless with at *NIX. Here are a couple of questions.

I'm am starting from sctatch. I have plenty of drives to play with and I have not touched the original drive that came with the tivoT60.

Reading the howto's they say that you can connect any drive in any configuration. I have try so far just on the primary IDE and the cd boot fine to the boot: prompt -> I hit enter. Then it boots to the TBD login: prompt -> I hit enter. Now I get something to the extent of dev0 is lock trying to unlock... and then the /# prompt. Then following the proc I type 25xtreme... with a reply of this is not a command. Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

I thought that it might need a different command to run, but I'm having a hard time even finding where 25xtreme is run from. Is there a different command for this T60_25XTREME.ISO?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Furor
    The information contained here is dealdatabase confidential and intended only for the individuals to whom it is addressed. This message contains confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Thanks for reading.

Are you following these instructions? ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...6095#post16095

What IDE channels are your drives connected?

I will follow that exactly tonight.
    I had 2 drives for the tivo secondary m/s and the cdrom primary master. But I'll try again and let you know.
    The information contained here is dealdatabase confidential and intended only for the individuals to whom it is addressed. This message contains confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Thanks for reading.

update

I have xtreme running on a 60 gig A drive with a lifetime sub, first try ( since your help ). Now my question is, what other neet gismos can I add to the TIvo to make it faster?

I also run secure CRT to connet to that bash prompt, but I have not tryed anything at the prompt. Can I just make a dir and send files/scripts to the dir? If so what how? Thanks.

NB and learning quickly.

I use Tera Term Pro to transfer files, not secure CRT, so I presume this is another terminal emulator and you can also zmodem the files over to the TiVo. Here's some general instructions for transferring files via Tera Term ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...6063#post56063