Thread: new and need guidance

Question new and need guidance

I just bought a philips hdr212. I am interested in (of course) increasing storage and also using it with bs card emu. if there are any guides to doing this it would be greatly appreciated!

also, as far as emulation, can it be done? Is it dangerous to have phone connected to tivo (it is standalone), I dont mind paying 10 a month if it is safe.

thanks in advance...

Ok, since it's standalone there is no way to detect if you are using emulator or not. Emulator will work fine with your directv so you are safe.
    - Vadim
    Administrator

See this url for the HACK FAQ. Very nicely written.
    http://www.tivofaq.com/hack/faq.html
    - Vadim
    Administrator

Just so I clearly understand, I can use emulator with DTV and phone line connected to Tivo and record safely and use all Tivo functions?

How does tivo know what guide to D/L if you have both cable and satellite?

By the way! This is an awesome board, I have been looking for a place like this for a while, the other ones dont discuss these topics, and that is what makes this board the best! Freedom of speech! And to all those involved and figuring this stuff out, keep up the good work! Maybe, just maybe I will be able to help out one day!
    Last edited by FyRe03; 07-05-2001 at 05:15 PM.

Will this work?

Any thoughts on above thread?

Exclamation

Yes, you can leave the phone line connected to Tivo. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you ever connect the phone line to a hacked DSS receiver. Don't get sloppy and connect the line to the wrong device.

When you run guided setup tell Tivo you have DirecTV satellite service and setup the channel listings to your liking.
    Hacked Phillips HDR112 2.0.1
    109 hours.

32 Thanks for Reply!

I appreciate the help, also wondering, I read a post in the den about from a magazine in the Den that stated that Tivo pulled info about everything you watch and do with your Tivo. I was wondering if this applied with my setup, and if this is true maybe its not a good idea to plug phone line up.

Anyone know about this?

-just want to be safe

People suggested that don't use your hack DTV with TiVo, coz TiVo record all the channels you watch in detail(when, how long), then the info will send back to TiVo with ID.
    Don't forget that when you sub TiVo, it have all your informaiton, address, phone number, CC... it is easy for DTV to compare their own customer list with TiVo.. just be carefull...

If you leave the phone line connected to your tivo and you watch channels that you are not supposed to have on your DirecTV receiver, you should remember that all of this is being downloaded to tivo. They then have proof that you were watching PPVs, etc that DirecTV could always subpoena from them.

A

CMIIW,

We can tell tivo
    not to send this info ,

or

we can delete the log files.