Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: MUX'ing, VSplit, and MPG2 files.

Muxing around

First off, gotta say "Great work, jdiner" -- I've been playing with vsplit for only a couple of weeks, and so far the progress made has been amazing!

That said, I've got a couple of anecdotes to share:

1) So far, on the streams I've tested, audio seems fully in sync. These are all from a 312 SA Tivo, recording at "good" quality (352x480x32kHz)

2) Seeking in software playback does not appear to work. At All. Tried Windows Media, WinAMP, ATI MMC... Have not yet attempted PowerDVD. Also CyberLink PowerDirector Pro 2.5 does not appreciate the files as much as it used to.

3) Being adventurous, I've been burning most output to DVD+RW using either the PowerDirector Wizard or ULead's MovieFactory... so far my Sony DVP-S300 has been handling OK. Output from vs1k which I tested this morning worked as follows:
    * Took a 1GB .ty, chunked into four mpegs (2000 chunks each)
    * Burned each of these as a separate chapter
    * First chapter plays fine, sync looks very good -- Seek works for first couple of minutes UNTIL: About 5 minutes into the playback, I notice the play counter jumps backwards. At this point, seeking within the DVD fails
    * The other chunks play video only -- no audio (but the audio plays fine on the PC). I'm not surprised much by this, since it's beyond the intended use of the latest version... but it had to be tried.

Eagerly awaiting the next release...

Hummm. Well on closer inspection and what little information I can find out there on the net. The answer to the remaining dvd NAV packet is to write one that just has all 0's in it.

Apparently Brent Beyeler figured this out. And it is from what I have read what bbmpeg does and what mjpeg does with it. But that makes little sense to me at the moment.

There are some pretty complex values needed. Makes me wonder if another tool is used to patch these values up after the fact. I just have no idea right now. Anyone got any more info of any kind?

--jdiner

Yeah it is obvious that there is a tool/technique I am missing here. Something to take the DVD formatted output from bbmpeg to something that can actually be used on a DVD. Anyone know? Anyone ever done it? Without more information I am a bit stumped...

--jdiner

Re: Re: 720x480 <-> 480x480 ? audio ?

Originally posted by jdiner
    He is working over some code for me that will allow the users of vsplit/tytool to automatically change the bit-rate of the audio stream from 32 to 44.1 or 48 depending on what is needed and from 48 to 44.1 if needed.
    Josh, you've made my day! In-mux audio transcoding was the last piece I needed to get from SA to DVD with perfect audio. I'm thrilled to know its on the todo list somewhere.

I will wait patently for as long as it takes. I am very greatful for the code you have written (and are yet to write). Please don't interperate my words as pressure to hurry the code along. My intention is to do the opposite - give you words of encouragement and let things take their natural course.

I will continue to run my test clips against the test versions you post. Once testing includes 32khz to 48khz audio conversion, I'll have several more gigs of files to test

You da man!

Originally posted by jdiner
    Hummm. Well on closer inspection and what little information I can find out there on the net. The answer to the remaining dvd NAV packet is to write one that just has all 0's in it.

Apparently Brent Beyeler figured this out. And it is from what I have read what bbmpeg does and what mjpeg does with it. But that makes little sense to me at the moment.

There are some pretty complex values needed. Makes me wonder if another tool is used to patch these values up after the fact. I just have no idea right now. Anyone got any more info of any kind?

--jdiner
    jdiner;

you may want to wander over to Derrow's IFOEdit Forum he may not have wrote the book on DVD structure/spec but he sure did READ it a few times!

He's doing some pretty amazing stuff lately; The latest version of IFOEdit (.096 beta 1) does actually import m2v and m2a files directly from your vsplit - goes right to VOB creates a DVD TitleSet - and he's also starting to get Burning built in.

He's created a new application, called DVDBurn that uses the Nero SDK - which hooks anyone that has Nero 5.5.9.17 installed into burning right from that TitleSet.

He's un-available for the next week or so, but he might be worth shooting an email off to, when he returns.

just a note; I was able to burn DVD-Rs using this method perfectly, I'm now running into some lip-sync issues. I'm not sure what is causing it. Because Derrow has released quite afew changes in the last week, and I'm always working with 'new' streams , I haven't located the step that is making the difference yet. I'll be trying a few DTivo streams soon, I've only been playing with my SA streams at this point.
    Last edited by Hi8; 11-12-2002 at 07:17 AM.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

VSplitmux 1k

Hi JD,

I was trying to take a TY Stream and split it with the latest
    version of Vsplitmux you posted. I was under the impression
    that only the muxing was limited to 2000 chunks. The splitting
    is also limited to 2000 chunks. Is this expected behavior?

Also, i was splitting the TY so that i could then use TMPGEnc
    to mux the whole thing so my cousin could watch the last
    3 Episodes of Alias with PowerDVD and that's when i noticed
    the problem with the 2000 chunks. TMPGEnc would not
    accept the elementary streams and i went to look at the
    log.

Now even if there is a 2000 chunk limit, is it normal that TMPGenc
    will not accept the files to mux together?

Just a heads up in case something is broken...

-Pr.

Yeah. It limits the splitting too. Basically it just sets the system to only be able to un 2000 total chunks. So you will need an older version to split it successfully.

I would fall back to #13c the original pre-mux version. Or perhaps the real #13 from the sticky thread would be better. That C version had the problems with the "should stop here" issue.

--jdiner

Re: VSplitmux 1k

Originally posted by Pr.Sinister
    TMPGEnc would not accept the elementary streams
    Yes, TMPGEnc will accept a frame-served video.

Unmuxed:
    Drop the ".m2v" file into DVD2AVI, select File->Save Project, creating a ".d2v" file. Feed TMPGEnc the ".d2v" and ".m2a" files.

Muxed:
    Again drop the ".m2v" file into DVD2AVI, select File->Save Project, creating both a ".d2v" file and a file named something like "T01 DELAY 0ms.m2a". Feed these two files to TMPGEnc. But, don't bother to excise adverts. As Josh mentioned, the lovely, beautiful synch goes right out the window when you try to edit, rendering, for me, the long-awaited mux code utterly worthless. Oh, well.

John,
    Who's remembering Josh talking about an GOP editor a long time ago.
    Last edited by artships; 11-12-2002 at 03:14 PM.

Jdiner

It is confusing to me now, what your new release is supposed to encompass?

My understanding is that you are building an all-in-one tool that will extract, split, combine, and convert the ty streams, all in one simple step, to a format that can either be burned to a DVD or VCD, using a burning tool such as Nero, or any number of other packages that exist for such a task.

Is this a correct interpretation?

Hi JD
    did you catch my post a page back. the old vspit does not generate any errors on this stream (other than from the very 1st block) . The latest release generated a load of those errors, are they expected ?
    Do you need a chunk of the stream? Am I worrying about nothing ?

Alun
    Last edited by alunj; 11-12-2002 at 02:56 PM.

I was wondering if you would post a linux version of vsplit13c?

Thanks!

Re: VSplitmux 1k

Originally posted by Pr.Sinister
    Just a heads up in case something is broken...
    Right you are. I knew that actually but had forgotten until now. I made a mistake in some of the code and it dumps out part of the mux'ing info even when mux'ing is not the goal. My bad... Soon to follow a fixed version that does not do that.

--jdiner

Release: Vsplit 13c - Mux 1L...

Ok. It is called 1l but it is just 1k with the just splitting, not mux'ing fix.

--jdiner
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question Variable frame-rate demuxer?

From my limited testing of 1K everything seems to be good. Even after editing in m2Edit the clips held sync. I was able to do frame-accurate commercial removal and maintain sync!

So the next stage is getting the DVD authored. From what jdiner has written I believe that he's looking to create VOBs from the MPEGs, but that doesn't help me because there isn't a frame-accurate VOB editor available (or at least none that I know of).

I want to author with Maestro since it gives you far more flexibility in terms of menus and controls, but only SpruceUp can import muxed MPEGs and so far I haven't found a demuxer capable of handling the VFR stream correctly.

So can anyone suggest a demuxing tool that may be able to cope with a VFR input stream?
    SVR 2000 running 3.0 with 1x160Gb and Lifetime Sub
    SAT-T60 running 3.1 with 1x250Gb and Turbonet over 802.11

PLANNING CLARIFICATION

It is confusing to me now, what your new release is supposed to encompass?

My understanding is that you are building an all-in-one tool that will extract, split, combine, and convert the ty streams, all in one simple step, to a format that can either be burned to a DVD or VCD, using a burning tool such as Nero, or any number of other packages that exist for such a task.

Is this a correct interpretation?