Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1041

Thread: MUX'ing, VSplit, and MPG2 files.

DVD WS

Rotten,

I see what you mean with the chapters. Once the video file is patched all of the markers are gone! Now what? Oh well, I'll keep hacking a way...
    Last edited by bronco13; 11-16-2002 at 12:37 PM.
    -Bronco

Rotten,

Have you tried to use DVD WS to SPLIT the file before patching? That way we could just add the individual streams as separate chapter???

Maybe???
    Last edited by bronco13; 11-16-2002 at 12:39 PM.
    -Bronco

Originally posted by jdiner

But the fact that 2500 lines of mux code, became 450 in the last 7 days, and that the process now takes 24% of the time the first cut I had did is important to only a few...
    Damn, now I'm showing wood here after that lurid description.

Eagerly awaiting your official release.

That's quite a code reduction! Jeez, it's like going from this to this!

jdiner:

In case you didn't see my last post, or your reply crossed over with it..

The same output is generated with an unedited binary.

To everyone..

I'm not reporting this to get anyone's back up. I'm not posting it to jump up and down on it if it is a problem (If it is, it's not serious enough to stop the output, which is perfect)

I'm just posting it to try to help!

I'm still not clear, as there is no doc with the file, if what I posted is actually normal. Everyone seems more ready to flame on around here than actually help.

There seem to be a lot of people here with issues, who like to jump all over people.

I must say, I stopped posting 'me too' posts about 2 years ago, and do my best to avoid flaming. It's just pure Noise, and slows down progress/makes following actual informational posts harder.
    I post when

a) I have a problem
    b) I have a suggestion for someone else's problem
    c) I have a suggestion
    d) I have a solution

Otherwise, I just don't bother. I run across to many '9000+' posters in other forums who just chat with buddies and flame without any real knowledge. Even proved them wrong a few times. Just turns into a pi**ing match. Especially if you give a damn about what the actual truth is. Got too much to do to waste time like that.

Anyway, I'll go and try a few more streams once I've cleared some disk space.

J

jdiner

Do you have a homepage where you have posted some of your most recent work. I need a copy of the latest vsplit so that I can begin using it on my TY streams to free up space. I understand that it is now complete? Please advise.

Wow.

My prayer for jdiner: May the Lord bless thee and keep thee. May the Lord make His face shine upon thee and be gracious unto thee. May the Lord lift-up His countenance upon thee, and give thee strength! Amen!
    Philips Standalone v3.01 w/2-80G drives and Tivonet.

Re: 2000 Chunk Limit

Originally posted by bronco13
    Why don't you just hex-edit out the 2000 in vsplit1l.exe?
    Didn't jdiner just ask everybody to not post this information?

Just a quick note to explain why this is not hoarding as apparently some of you would like to think, I was bored one day, pulled up a hex editor, found out how to do this, and I let a few other reasonably well skilled people know how its done, with the specific instructions, DO NOT POST TO THE FORUMS. Now look what kind of trouble I get into.

Again I apologize jdiner, I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. (and people still wonder why high profile modifications are kept secretive) We'll see about fixing my mistake.
    Last edited by AlphaWolf; 11-16-2002 at 12:08 PM.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

This has absolutely nothing to do with nothing. Your just looking for another fight. Can't you ever start a new thread to pick your fights?

Yes, yes, we all know that you figured this out the second you downloaded the zip... Bravo.

Back off already, or you will ruin this thread too.
    Last edited by bronco13; 11-16-2002 at 12:14 PM.
    -Bronco

Who is the one ruining things here?

Originally posted by jdiner
    Then people post hex-edit hacks to program I have stated over and over is a test version only. And what happens? With 24 hours I get innundated with comments via email, PMs, and here about problems with converting full streams using hacked binaries. All I have to say is "WELL DUH!" why do you think I have not posted a full version. IT ISN'T DONE! There are ISSUES to be dealt with.
    Get rid of that before I get somebody to do it for you, thats all I ask.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

I didn't see that one Alpha. All ready pulled it...
    -Bronco

The thing is, everybody openly shares information, unless they plan on selling it, or if it poses a forseeable danger. Theres pretty much no such thing as hoarding in freeware that I've ever seen. Its kept low to prevent from being used the wrong way.

just my 2 cents, and hopefuly this helps the rest of you understand.

Re: jdiner

Originally posted by snoopy
    Do you have a homepage where you have posted some of your most recent work. I need a copy of the latest vsplit so that I can begin using it on my TY streams to free up space. I understand that it is now complete? Please advise.
    My Advice... DON'T! You can't run a full stream. What comes out is not ready to use yet. You can split it and that saves maybe 10% max, as you get rid of the tivo packaging. But in doing so you lose any chance of mux'ing it later and having it be sync'ed.

If you are out of space, my advice at this point is get more. A new HD will be much cheaper than the frustration down the road of not being able to use "well" the stuff that you have collected.

--jdiner

I am trying to open the output avi file in VirtualDub. I have tried 6 files from a DTivo and an SA and they all give me the same error:
    MPEG Import Filter: pack synchronization error

Anyone know what's wrong? Does VirtualDub not support this type of file (I could have sworn I've opened similar)?

Thanks,
    -GITM

Found a bug. I accidently tightened things up when I added the latest byte-count fixes.

I found that I had removed the "close enough" from the thing. Every now and again on a DTivo stream you get a 4 or 6 packet drop in audio.

This used to be the kiss of death for "real" sync in splitting. But in mux'ing it is a split second hickup. I never meant to remove it. I was just going to fast at some point I guess. but it has been put back. Things that split to the end under Vsplit12 should once again split just fine.

I will be posting a new version at some point soon. There are just a few other things I am in the middle of. I have the code for handling this little bumps in place. Now I am just waiting on a stream that has a major hole in it to see what happens when I try to deal with that one.

--jdiner