Page 65 of 70 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 1041

Thread: MUX'ing, VSplit, and MPG2 files.

  1. #961
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,809
    Just to be clear did this work with an SA Tivo stream or a DTivo stream.

    I never intended that particular distinction to become so unclear in this thread but it kind of has.

    For an SA Tivo stream I am not surprised that it works, for a DTivo stream it would mean that they did it right and that would be truly great news after all.

    --jdiner

  2. #962
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    19
    Originally posted by jdiner
    Just to be clear did this work with an SA Tivo stream or a DTivo stream.

    I never intended that particular distinction to become so unclear in this thread but it kind of has.

    For an SA Tivo stream I am not surprised that it works, for a DTivo stream it would mean that they did it right and that would be truly great news after all.

    --jdiner
    It was a DTivo stream.

    I would like to try it with a 2 hour stream can you send me a copy without the restriction of time.
    Rotten !!

  3. #963
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    9
    Originally posted by jdiner
    I would like to verify my stuff. But I need to know something about the tools people have been using todate.
    ...
    --jdiner
    I've used the dvdauthor tools on linux. See
    http://dvdauthor.sourceforge.net/
    "ifogen" needs an mpeg2 file with VOBU's but they can be invalid or empty (sounds like you've got this already) and it will fix them up and generate the IFO file. Plus it's open source so you can easily see what the author is doing.

    I finally got a DVD-R/W drive last week (oem Pioneer A04 for $199 at Fry's). When you are ready to post a version with the VOB holes I'll give it a try.

    --mikertx

  4. #964
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    140

    Re: Using DVD Workshop w/ muxed mpgs

    Rotten,

    Originally posted by Rotten

    8. Make disc having Do Not Convert Compliant Files (on)
    9. Thats it. it does not reencode the files and sync looks great.

    I would like to have chapters for commercials but not too sure if it is possible yet. [/B]
    When I try to use this program it doesn't like the mpg file.

    I get an error that states that the file is not compatible with the program.

    Matt

  5. #965
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    41

    Off Topic

    Hi All,

    Just thought I'd second what someone else has already said on another thread...

    Are Threads that have over 1000 posts really a good idea?

    Jdiner, would you consider creating a new thread stating the curent position, along with any ideas that people have mentioned in this thread that you are working with..?

    Just might make it easier on new guys rather than trying to wade thru 1000 posts for the important points?

    Just my 2p's worth..

    J
    Last edited by JasonJLee; 11-14-2002 at 11:07 AM.

  6. #966
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    250
    The problem is, due to the nature of this project, there would be 1000 small threads to look through rather than 5 or 6 (yes this this thread has been continued in a new thread several times before this one) large threads to peruse.

    It's the lesser of two evils.

  7. #967
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,809
    I happen to agree with the last sentiment. I tried at first to have several small ones dealing with different issues of tyTool etc... And no one was seeing everything. Only bits and pieces. So I changed my methods and put as much as possible into 1 place. That way people could read it all.

    It didn't work like I had planned. People just hit the last page button and never seem to read anything, but at least they know where to look when they decide to. I don't know that there is a better way to do it all.

    --jdiner

  8. #968
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16

    Current best practices?

    Hello... I've been lurking for a bit, playing around with the various extraction tools. First of all, it's obvious that jdiner is doing some great work, and thank you!

    I am just trying to sort out the current Best Thing to do with my archived shows.

    I've got most of Greg the Bunny and The Tick still sitting on my SA Tivo. I'd like to get them off and free some space.

    My long term goal, of course, is to get them onto DVD, but I'm not (yet) having much luck, and am perfectly willing to wait for the tools to mature a bit more.

    But do y'all think extracting them in .ty format will be sufficient for future archiving onto DVD? I want to make sure I've got a complete copy of the files before I wipe them from my Tivo.

    What tool is currently considered the best for this? I've played around with both TyTool5 (and the included tserver_mfs5), and with TivoApp (and included ExtractStream).

    I'm sorry if this has been answered recently, but I've been digging through this thread for a couple of days and my head is still spinning.

    thanks!

  9. #969
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    West Hartford CT
    Posts
    620

    Re: Current best practices?

    Originally posted by icculus
    Hello... I've been lurking for a bit, playing around with the various extraction tools. First of all, it's obvious that jdiner is doing some great work, and thank you!

    I am just trying to sort out the current Best Thing to do with my archived shows.

    I've got most of Greg the Bunny and The Tick still sitting on my SA Tivo. I'd like to get them off and free some space.

    My long term goal, of course, is to get them onto DVD, but I'm not (yet) having much luck, and am perfectly willing to wait for the tools to mature a bit more.

    But do y'all think extracting them in .ty format will be sufficient for future archiving onto DVD? I want to make sure I've got a complete copy of the files before I wipe them from my Tivo.

    What tool is currently considered the best for this? I've played around with both TyTool5 (and the included tserver_mfs5), and with TivoApp (and included ExtractStream).

    I'm sorry if this has been answered recently, but I've been digging through this thread for a couple of days and my head is still spinning.

    thanks!

    can't answer for sure for each persons preference .. but ... I have both an SA and an DTivo :-) I can now extract via TyTool5 (making sure I use the Resource Editor's mod recording format to 720x480 5.8m -- and can go use vsplit13c Besweet to upsample audio to 48khz. and IFOEdit .096B1 to burn right to DVD.

    I also burn to SVCD Seinfeld episodes... daily.. 2X from superstation. --- VERY good quality .. 1 disc per episode.


    good luck.. I'm burning a DVD from my DTivo extract .. now I should know soon if it has a lipsync problem... I'm not expecting it to work.
    ~Hi8

    (4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

  10. #970
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    16

    Re: Re: Current best practices?

    Originally posted by Hi8
    I can now extract via TyTool5 (making sure I use the Resource Editor's mod recording format to 720x480 5.8m -- and can go use vsplit13c Besweet to upsample audio to 48khz. and IFOEdit .096B1 to burn right to DVD.
    Well, all of these episodes were recorded long before I had Tivonet or anything on my box... and also long before 3.0. I think the oldest one is over a year old.

    Hopefully I can find a way...

  11. #971
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    West Hartford CT
    Posts
    620

    Re: Re: Current best practices?

    Originally posted by Hi8
    I'm burning a DVD from my DTivo extract .. now I should know soon if it has a lipsync problem... I'm not expecting it to work.
    well, I'm Happy to report that my burn is looking GREAT!

    I've previewed in PowerDVD audio sync looks good, and Nero is burning as I type.

    I really can't believe it is working. I have used the same .bat file I used for my SA TYstreams --

    it even went thru the upsample audio to 48khz, which I was told it already is. But I was too lazy to make a new .bat file to skip.


    my DVD has commericals... but "I don't Care!" I never saw Scarface, (I love Pacino) I'll hopefully FF through them ...!

    more to come...
    ~Hi8

    (4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

  12. #972
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    288

    Re: Re: Re: Current best practices?

    Originally posted by Hi8
    my DVD has commericals... but "I don't Care!" I never saw Scarface, (I love Pacino) I'll hopefully FF through them ...!

    more to come...
    Please tell me you're kidding when you say you never saw
    Scarface and are planning on watching an "Edited for Television"
    version!

    Noooooooo! Don't do it man! Much too good of a movie to
    ruin it by watching it from a network feed.

    If you had TiVo'ed it from a Premium Movie Channel then i would
    say go ahead and enjoy it, but network TV??? Come on man
    buy the original! Or wait for it to show on Encore o something!

    Can't wait that long? Then if you are a US Resident, go to
    Netflix.com and rent it man!

    If you still don't want to do that, i'll FedEx you my store bought
    DVD, you watch it, then you send it back to me...

    Hehehehe...

    -Pr.

  13. #973
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    West Hartford CT
    Posts
    620

    what's the big deal?

    ok ... I'm surprized as the next guy...

    I have just burned a DVD-R with my A04 from my SAT T-60 using Tytool5r2->vsplit13c-Upsample=48khz-via BeSweet->scarface.m2v & scarface.mp2 -> IFOEdit.096B1-Nero5.5.9.17(BURN-BABY!)

    it is perfect! DTiVo2DVD-R

    jdiner (PM me if you are interested in a copy of the DVD-R!)

    I owe you that much and much MORE!
    ~Hi8

    (4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

  14. #974
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    West Hartford CT
    Posts
    620

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Current best practices?

    Originally posted by Pr.Sinister
    Please tell me you're kidding when you say you never saw
    Scarface and are planning on watching an "Edited for Television"
    version!

    Noooooooo! Don't do it man! Much too good of a movie to
    ruin it by watching it from a network feed.
    NEVER! can't wait ... I can't lie ... I will probably watch it from TiVo - FF works so much better than my DVD FF.

    but no , never saw it, and it came on TNT , almost bought the special edition off Ebay .. did'nt want to spend the $24.95.

    I just wanted something to extract and BURN....

    I still can't belive it!

    it looks(and sounds) pretty GREAT!

    (oh yeah forgot to mention .. I'm a NETFLIX sub'er it's NOT available ... now LOOONG wait!) it's on my list!
    Last edited by Hi8; 11-14-2002 at 08:10 PM.
    ~Hi8

    (4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

  15. #975
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: what's the big deal?

    Originally posted by Hi8
    ok ... I'm surprized as the next guy...

    I have just burned a DVD-R with my A04 from my SAT T-60 using Tytool5r2->vsplit13c-Upsample=48khz-via BeSweet->scarface.m2v & scarface.mp2 -> IFOEdit.096B1-Nero5.5.9.17(BURN-BABY!)

    it is perfect! DTiVo2DVD-R

    jdiner (PM me if you are interested in a copy of the DVD-R!)

    I owe you that much and much MORE!
    Dude! Hang onto your files. There are a few things I would like you to check in the next little while. The in-line audio upsample code etc... It would just be really interesting to see how things line up without using the BeSweet program.

    But as for scarface. I never saw it. What is it? Movie? Episode of something? Horror flick? (I never watch those...

    --jdiner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •