Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future PPV -> RESET EVERYTIME

Future PPV -> RESET EVERYTIME

Now that H stream is dead, I switched over to HU. However, everytime when I try to record an upcoming PPV, my Tivo gets a reset, is there any fix out there for this?

Thanks in advance.

My unit resets when all of the guide data is not available. Has your fully populated yet?

I also accidentally moved from a 3 lnb dish to a singe lnb dish. I didn't realize it and kept getting resets because the channels from the other lnb's didn't have any guid data.

Originally posted by PaulAS
    My unit resets when all of the guide data is not available. Has your fully populated yet?

I also accidentally moved from a 3 lnb dish to a singe lnb dish. I didn't realize it and kept getting resets because the channels from the other lnb's didn't have any guid data.
    my guide is fully populated and my dish setting is also correct. I am reading up on something noppv but still not sure...if someone has some insight, could you please drop me a line here at least the thread? I am looking and reading now...

Originally posted by TheBigDog

my guide is fully populated and my dish setting is also correct. I am reading up on something noppv but still not sure...if someone has some insight, could you please drop me a line here at least the thread? I am looking and reading now...
    You should definately run noppv, (either by cron, or in a sleep loop like RunTivoTitle). Solves a lot of those kind of problems, and has very little overhead.

Originally posted by JJBliss

You should definately run noppv, (either by cron, or in a sleep loop like RunTivoTitle). Solves a lot of those kind of problems, and has very little overhead.
    ok, I found this post
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ighlight=tvbin

and it has a file called tvbin.zip. Is that the files that I need to use? Also, where should I put the loop at?

Thanks in advance.

BigDog,
    You have helped me out so much, that I though I would point this out to you. Check the very last sentence:
    From the noppv.tcl:

#!/tvbin/tivosh
    #
    # noppv.tcl - Remove PPV flag from all current showings (v1.2)
    #
    # Pretty self explanitory. Just run it. If you wish to see show times in your timezonre
    # just add your GMT offset to the command line. IE: "./noppv.tcl -5". Default timezone
    # is central (GMT -6).
    #
    # If you decide to use this script, you are doing so AT YOUR OWN RISK. I have tested this
    # script for functionality many times. This doesn't mean it will always work on your machine.
    #
    # DO NOT USE this if you want to be able to buy PPV. This includes people using a legit sub
    # and people using activation. IT WONT WORK. Only use this with a 3M or an emulator.
    Last edited by tweaky; 09-10-2002 at 05:04 AM.

Originally posted by tweaky
    BigDog,
    You have helped me out so much, that I though I would point this out to you. Check the very last sentence:
    From the noppv.tcl:

#!/tvbin/tivosh
    #
    # noppv.tcl - Remove PPV flag from all current showings (v1.2)
    #
    # Pretty self explanitory. Just run it. If you wish to see show times in your timezonre
    # just add your GMT offset to the command line. IE: "./noppv.tcl -5". Default timezone
    # is central (GMT -6).
    #
    # If you decide to use this script, you are doing so AT YOUR OWN RISK. I have tested this
    # script for functionality many times. This doesn't mean it will always work on your machine.
    #
    # DO NOT USE this if you want to be able to buy PPV. This includes people using a legit sub
    # and people using activation. IT WONT WORK. Only use this with a 3M or an emulator.
    Tweaky,

Hey, thanks for the response. Well, I was tryin' to not say too much, but in order to clear things up...let me say....Kryptonite.

Resets recording PPV w/3M-HU card

I have been away from the forum for a while..my H emu was running great w/200+ hour capacity..I, like others, went to an HU card till I have time to get my kryptonite up & running...I also get all channels including PPV until I try to record one..have to go thru all the motions like the emu..sez authorized OK, the record with these options & reboot everytime..been reading about this "noppv.tcl", but don't fully understand what it does or where do I get it..is it something I can do without going thru 2.5 extreme again?? Would appreciate any help..

TIA

I realy see no use for kryptonite...are you using it in hopes that it will protect your card from being whacked?

*passively shakes head*
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Profo wonders what AlphaWolf is refering to regarding protection of the plastic?

You know something a lot of wise folks (not i) dont know about this?

Would be interested in your thoughts here.

Has anybody been able to solve this problem. I too have moved from an H to an HU and when I go to record a PPV my dsr6000 just goes back to " purchase and record info ". If I select it again, it reboots. If I select "Do nothing" it doesn't record. This tivo has worked great in the past, but since I switched to the HU, all hell has broken lose! Any help would be appreciated.

MrBig

if you run noppv.tcl this problem will go away. you have to run it every so often or some of the ppv channels will return to their original ppv status. i know some people are running this in a loop every XX minutes (you fill in the blank, 10, 15, 30; i don't know what the minimum is), and some are using cron to have it automatically run every XX minutes. since i'm too stupid to know how to program the loop or use cron, i just manually run it through telnet (or you could use your serial port) before i record ppv. this makes the ppv channels record just like normal ones. you'll have to search for the noppv.tcl, but its very likely it is in the .zip file from the previous post to this. sorry that i can't help you on the automation of this. also, if anything i said isn't correct, please don't try and hunt me down like a dog; just trying to help.

Kryptonite works on the DTIVOS?

I tried it when it just came out for fun and it didnt work.

Hmmm

Originally posted by ReDRoVeR
    Kryptonite works on the DTIVOS?

I tried it when it just came out for fun and it didnt work.

Hmmm
    of course it does.

Originally posted by MrBig
    Has anybody been able to solve this problem. I too have moved from an H to an HU and when I go to record a PPV my dsr6000 just goes back to " purchase and record info ". If I select it again, it reboots. If I select "Do nothing" it doesn't record. This tivo has worked great in the past, but since I switched to the HU, all hell has broken lose! Any help would be appreciated.

MrBig
    I am having the same problem. I found the noppv.tcl script but once placed on the tivo I can't get it to run. After ftp'n it over it is not executable. I chmod +x ./noppv.tcl and the type ./noppv.tcl

I then get no such file or directory even though a ls show it there as well as the ftp. Any ideas?