Thread: Demo Mode even with fixdemo?!?!

35 Demo Mode even with fixdemo?!?!

I have a Sony unit that started going into Demo Mode after running fine without it for months. So I put fixdemo on it, everything's fine.

Recently I re-extremed and got demo mode again, ok, installed fixdemo and it still goes into demo mode...how can that be?

ps -x show's that it is indeed running. triple checked my install and resent the file just in case of corruption and it still enters demo mode.

Has anyone else had this? Any ideas? guess I'll extreme yet again and cross my fingers.

TIA

Hey DW,

Sometimes fixdemo doesn't catch right away. Never figured out the reasoning for Demo Mode. After you boot up, make a test call. This will take you out of demo, then fixdemo should prevent you from going back.

Dennis

Thanks dennis,
    I did that several times...it seems the only thing that helps is to boot without the card inserted, then after it asks for the card, insert it.
    BUT, it goes right back to demo mode if I reboot with the card in.

Re-extremeing tonight

It won't help. Or at least it never has before. This problem is usually caused by the means you are using to get your DTV. I won't go into detail, but it's something with the 3M. As I said, we never figured it out exactly.

Dennis