Thread: The DTivo Hacking FAQ

The DTivo Hacking FAQ is now updated for 2.5.2 and 3.1 as of 4/24/2003

I finally put together a FAQ for this forum. If anyone has any comments, suggestions, or corrections, please PM me and I'll gladly update it. This is still a work in progress and I will add more topics as time permits but for now it should answer most FAQ's.

This is viewable in either MS Word or WordPad.

The FAQ has finally been updated to reflect newer versions of the Tivo OS. It now addresses Superzap's upgrades to 2.5.2 and 3.1 with xPlusz as well as Tivolator 3.1 and BlissTerPopper. New topics have been added that cover the latest versions of TyTool, TyStudio, GOPEditor, mfs_ftp, and mfsstream modules in TivoWeb.

The DTivo Hacking FAQ has been updated once again as of 7/17/03.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by captain_video; 07-17-2003 at 02:38 PM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Fixius v3.2 for 2.5Xtreme

Here's a little tutorial I found on another site that guides you through the 2.5Xtreme installation, application of several scripts, and installation of Kraven's upgrade. Credit goes to punapaniolo for putting this together.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by captain_video; 01-13-2003 at 08:12 AM.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

These are 2 great How-to's

Just like to add, When hooking up 40GB or larger HDs to your PC, the BIOS if older will not recognize drives above 32GB, not to worry, just put NONE at the IDE location of the large hard drives, this will allow the BIOS to boot and when the Linux (25xtreme or TiVoMad) is loaded it WILL FIND the larger drives with they're correct size.

As posted at the top of the page, the FAQ has now been updated to reflect, at least to some degree, Xtreme OS versions 2.5.2 and 3.1 as well as some of the advances made in the video extraction forum. I have also tried to include some new Q&A topics that I have seen posted repeatedly since the FAQ was first developed.

PLEASE check your MAC address!

If you have more than one tivo on your network, make SURE you have different MAC addresses on each one.

The nic_install ISO cd assigns the MAC address each time you install, and will by default issue the SAME one each time.

This is BAD.

I spent a great deal of time debugging before i hit myself on the head with a large trout and realized that a LOT of my problems were caused by having duplicate MAC addresses on the same network. DOH!

Hope this helps someone else.