Thread: DTV and Tivo No Longer?

DTV and Tivo No Longer?

Just got a mailing from DTV stating that due to recent changes in the DTV and Tivo relationship DTV is now responsible for providing your DTV DVR service powered by Tivo. As a result, your DVR subscription is being transferred from Tivo to DTV. Effective 10/31/02.

Does anyone know how this will affect us hacking the tivo with scripts etc. I pay for my Tivo service no problem there just didn't know if it would screw up once this takes place?

Just a heads up

Hoochster
    Hoochster

Thanks for the heads up but this is already old news for most of us. As long as you don't let your DTivo phone home they'll never know what you've got. DTV is now providing the Tivo service directly instead of just being the middleman for Tivo. You still pay DTV the monthly fee but it will now be reduced to $4.99/month and you can add as many DTivos to your account at no extra cost, with the exception of the DTV mirroring fee of $4.99/month for each additional receiver (the DTivo only counts as one receiver to DTV).
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

You still pay DTV the monthly fee but it will now be reduced to $4.99/month
    I think that the cost reduction is only for people who commit to Total Choice programming for a year. I still think that min subs with no long term commitments have to pay $10.

Are you still required to let your box phone home every 30 days?

Please also note that you must now RE-OPT out of information gathering, as DTV sends a new privacy policy that allows anonymous collection of data.

What about version 3 software, will DTiVos be updated like standalones?

Thanks,

TX AG 93

Originally posted by groundhog
    I think that the cost reduction is only for people who commit to Total Choice programming for a year. I still think that min subs with no long term commitments have to pay $10.
    Nope..not the case.
    DishNose

actualy I believe its even the other way around, if you don't have at least a $40 a month package, then its $5 a month for tivo service, if you have more than $40 a month, then the tivo service is free.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?