Thread: Looking to buy one...

27 Looking to buy one...

Looking to buy a de100c/de200c cheap so I can try my hand at hacking it a bit... Anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one without paying a fortune for it??? PM me if so...

Thanks...

-Surgeon-

Good luck, everybody who had them around here stopped selling them, way too expensive. I bought a shell from www.shuttle.com in the bare bones section and built my own with MusicMatch and a Gyro Mouse for control. You can also get a serial IR remote on ebay, there was one made by PackardBell a few years back that works well. There is also a link to some software called ICE usually posted in the auctions which is customizeable software for it. I am very happy with how it worked out.

Dennis

Believe it or not I actually got a 'deal' on one for $225... It's on it's way and I *hope* to have it by tomorrow afternoon! First thing is popping in a 120GB drive & then 'a ripping I will go... 'a ripping I will go... hi-ho & merry-o -- you get the idea...

-Surgeon-

I built mine 4 months ago, and I'm still ripping the CDs. ROFL

Have fun.

Dennis

Question so, where'd you find the 'deal' ?

foolish hackers want to know.

the local BestBuy's removed this unit from their shelves months ago, without EVER lowering the price. kinda looked like a buyback from HP . . .

keith721

Re: so, where'd you find the 'deal' ?

Originally posted by keith721
    foolish hackers want to know.

keith721
    Found a guy (on another board) that worked for HP and had bought one through their employee purchase program. Sold it to me & I popped in a 120GB drive and am now hacking away...

-Surgeon-

Surgeon,

Do you have intructions on how you upgraded the harddrive? I have the DEC200 (the smaller model) and want to install a bigger drive.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by wsteel
    Surgeon,

Do you have intructions on how you upgraded the harddrive? I have the DEC200 (the smaller model) and want to install a bigger drive.

Thanks!!
    Join this yahoo group & search for things like "unlock" & "upgrade"

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hpde100c/

-Surgeon-