Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: xPlusz remote control command processor

xPlusz remote control command processor

A TCL script that executes commands on DirecTiVo by running a test call.

Overview:

This allows execution of some DTiVo mods previously released separately and
    a few new ones. The previously released mods have been slightly reworked for
    this implementation. All of this is done through the DTiVo remote with no PC
    connection required after the install. A test call with the command id set
    into the call waiting prefix is used to execute the commands.
    Tested with DTiVo software v2.5 and v2.5.2.
    Not tested with Kraven's v25xtreme upgrade but no problems are anticipated.

Included are these which are optional and can be turned on/off with the remote:
    • mvchannels with an interface that requires no custom file modification.
    • EdTitle functions to list deleted programs and program history.
    • EdTitle functions to undelete programs and delete program history.
    • SC.tcl to enable Showcases, TiVo Mags
    • NOPPV to reset the PPV indicators
    • Enable backdoors and toggle the 30 second skip at boot-up or on demand.
    • Run fixdemo recycled on a timer.
    • Set timers to change the channel at specific times and days of the week. Both
      ongoing timers and one-shot timers can be set.
    • Monitor the DTiVo's internal temperature and issue an on-screen message if
      the temperature exceeds a threshold.
    • Run TivoTitle to change program titles to include the program description.
    • The no-phone mod allows the TiVo sub to continue to remain active without
      a phone connection (also controls the logs). This can be useful if you don't
      have a land-based phone as in the case of a vacation home or RV. If this is
      not activated, an opt-out of sharing viewing habits can be enabled.

See the README for install and use instructions.

latest version 3.10 ===> http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...8712#post78712
    Last edited by superzap; 01-16-2003 at 11:30 AM.

sweet idea...i had been thinking about the feasibility of something like this for a long time. cant wait to try it out

This looks way cool SZ!!! I'm hoping to be able to use it with some mods to load and unload noscramble without PC intervention.

BubbleLamp

Yes, if you want additional functions I'll add them in. Load/Unload noscramble sounds like a good first candidate. Let me know thru PM what scripts to run. I haven't got into video extraction yet, it's my next project.

a few quick questions. i have used Alphawolfs and Kravens scripts and i have modified the rs.sysinit of Kravens with bits of Alphawolfs rc.sysinit so i can have no tivo backrounds, 30 sec skip, backdoors enabled...etc plus mvchannels... the question is...does this script replace the rc.sysinit? and if not how do i fix the rc.sysinit so the cron can do it all BUT the menu screen doesn't freeze? (that is one of the probs with alpha's script if you dont use the last 10 or so lines of his rc.sysinit but you chose to diable the intertitles the screen freezes)

last question...i have mvchannels grouped in order of city (i get 3 spot beams ) and i was wondering if i can still do this with this script or with it be three channel 4's four channels 6's..etc. i did read the read me but i was still alittle fuzzy on that one. thx for all of the hard work guys!!!

quantum_3

xPlusz does not replace rc.sysinit, it adds to the end, so I don't think it would affect anything else, but of course it depends on what you put in rc.sysinit.

Since every mod that xPlusz is capable of is optional don't activate any mods that you are already running. Or remove your duplicate mods and activate the equivalent xPlusz mod. xPlusz does not include AlphaWolf's nosdd mod yet but could be added in the future.

The implementation of mvchannels in xPlusz will allow you to mix by city, channel numbers in the 2-99 range and 800-999 range. In other words to locate one city's entire channel set to the 2-99 range and another city to the 800-999 range is possible, but to have one city with some channels 2-99 and other channels 800-999 is not possible with the current implementation. I'm running one city mapped to 2-99 and another city mapped to 900s without any noticable effect to using the guide or any freezing. I don't think you should have any duplicates by relocating multiple cities to the 900s.

unbelieveable!

whoa, way to go superzap!! This is unbelievable!

noppv or TivoTitle.tcl on demand, executed from the remote control whenever I want it? whoo hoo!!!

Might be a bonehead question, but here goes....

I don't have the phone line plugged in.

I entered the #,*69 for the Call Waiting part and get an "Invalid #,*69" and then a failed.

I disabled DIAL TONE DETECTION and still got that message.

IS there a special "code" that needs to be entered in the #,*xx format??
    B

For You Newbies Learning Like Me

Took me a few secs to think about it but the last command using com cable is entered like this

./SETUP

Instuctions has it as ./setup , you must enter using caps!

Also I believe I had to do the "chmod +x SETUP" command as well!

Hope this helps

Re: For You Newbies Learning Like Me

Originally posted by CPotato
    Took me a few secs to think about it but the last command using com cable is entered like this

./SETUP

Instuctions has it as ./setup , you must enter using caps!

Also I believe I had to do the "chmod +x SETUP" command as well!

Hope this helps
    I appreciate the input. Sorry, I was not clear. I was able to set things up fine. At least I think I did.
    No, the problem I am running into is activating the new toys thru the Test Call Screen. Thanx though. B

Thumbs up cool! thats why were all here!

boboli:
    I not sure why you're entering #,*69 as a command, but that is invalid. Commands start with a # and are followed by a 1 or 2 digit number and some commands have parameters. For example #12 would display the options and status. See the README file.

CPotato:
    The setup file in the zip file is lower case so I don't know why it came across as upper case for you. README is upper case. Maybe it's something to do with how you transferred it.

?? Don't know, I followed the instuctions

I guess the easiest way to check is under the cd /var/hack dir try the ls command thats what how I noticed that the setup came in as upper case.

I guess for users if one don't work try the other!

thanks for the script guys! nice!

Originally posted by superzap
    boboli:
    I not sure why you're entering #,*69 as a command, but that is invalid. Commands start with a # and are followed by a 1 or 2 digit number and some commands have parameters. For example #12 would display the options and status. See the README file.

CPotato:
    The setup file in the zip file is lower case so I don't know why it came across as upper case for you. README is upper case. Maybe it's something to do with how you transferred it.
    OK I understand it now.. I read the README a little to literally. Got it now. Thanx. B

Thank you for this, it's great.

Want to know why you included SC ver 0.1 (PGM posted 0.2) and TivoTitle ver 0.92 (there is a changed version 0.93 out).

Thanks again for your work.