Thread: Do I have to re-install 25xtreme?

Do I have to re-install 25xtreme?

Iam only seeing 28Gigs recording time on my new 120Gig hard drive. Can I do any editing with the serial cable or maybe from the xtreme CD? At least I got it to work!

Re: Do I have to re-install 25xtreme?

Originally posted by kozmo21
    Iam only seeing 28Gigs recording time on my new 120Gig hard drive. Can I do any editing with the serial cable or maybe from the xtreme CD? At least I got it to work!
    Pull the disk and use mfstools. Not a very good idea trying to hack the disk that you booted from!
    SVR 2000 running 3.0 with 1x160Gb and Lifetime Sub
    SAT-T60 running 3.1 with 1x250Gb and Turbonet over 802.11

You just need to expand the partition boundaries to utilize the larger hard drive. The 2.5Xtreme image only accounts for about 24 hours of recording capacity. There is a prompt during the Xtreme installation that asks you if you have a larger A drive. You apparently answered no to this which is why your drive is not expanded to full capacity. You can either reload 2.5Xtreme or expand your drive with MFS Tools 2.0 per the above post.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Well I had a problem, my harddrive died and I was using an old 350MHZ computer that had a bios that wouldn't see that large of a hard drive. (that was my original problem) So I up-graded the bios and tried to use MFS Tools and now I am getting the GSOD. Is there any way to fix this without losing all my recordings and settings? Will I have to re-install 25xtreme? Thanks in advance.

(This is the constant reboot GSOD)
    Last edited by kozmo21; 11-02-2002 at 05:55 PM.