Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TyTool#5 stops after putting clocks back / time different

DavidBlack,

I can't figure out why it isn't working for you. Either

a) your problem is very slightly different in terms of what is failing to be passed in.

b) you didn't replace the file properly. (No Offense ment)

I've edited the file again to place the set tz "0" outside of the if statement. This way its set no matter if the problem is slightly different.

I always delete Nowshowing.tcl and then ftp the file on. Then if its there, it has to be the new file.

I hope it works. It works here, but thats all I can say for it.

J

I looked at the code which has the following:

proc get_tzoffset {mfstz dst} {
    if { $mfstz < 0 } {
    set tz $mfstz
    set tz "0"
    } else {
    set tzlist "-5 -6 -7 -8 -9 -10 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 -1 -2 -3 -4 -11 -12"
    set tz [lindex $tzlist [expr $mfstz - 1]]
    }
    if { $dst == 2 || $dst == "" } {

the reason it would work for some and not others is that if $mfstz is 0 then if would fail the condition and execute the else statements. It would be unable to set tz because it is looking for the index offset of a negative number ($mfstz - 1) which is undefined.

try this code:

proc get_tzoffset {mfstz dst} {
    if { $mfstz < 0 } {
    set tz $mfstz
    } else {
    set tzlist "-5 -6 -7 -8 -9 -10 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 -1 -2 -3 -4 -11 -12"
    }

set tz "0"

if { $dst == 2 || $dst == "" } {

Then use trial and error and change the "0" value to get your proper timezone offset if it is off after this change.

David

davids66:

My last code change was just as you posted.(appart from I think I left the previous line I added in, but it makes no difference)

No idea if it worked for davidblack.. I hope so.

J

worked!!

thanks guys you are legends

Is the problem not that in the UK we are on GMT so the timezone offset is 0 and that in TCL maybe 0 is undefined and you can't maybe you can't multiply by it? (ie 0x60x60)

I don't know TCL so this is a guess.

phedders;

Yes, there is a logic error in the original code for those who are on GMT. I described the problem on my post of 11-18-2002 but the proper fix to the original code would be to change only this one line:

if { $mfstz < 0 } {

change it to:

if { $mfstz < 1 } {

Then no additional modifications are needed.

With this change, when $mfstz = 0, then the following is properly executed:

set tz $mfstz

And tz is properly made 0

Without this change, when $mfstz = 0, the the following tries to execute:

But you can't get the index offset of a negative number ($mfstz - 1) which is undefined.

David

Originally posted by davids66
    phedders;

if { $mfstz < 0 } {

change it to:

if { $mfstz < 1 } {

Hmm didn't work for me.

Putting in a "set tz 0" did work though...
    --
    Paul

29 NowShowing fixup

I've recently had a hard drive failure, and had to reinstall ... I came across this thread when I discovered TYtool stopped working since the clocks went back/forward whatever it was.

The error reported was something about "tz*60*60"

I've patched up the code to get around the problem and attached NowShowing.tcl

Hope this of use to someone - I could not see a more recent fix for the UK guys.

Quote Originally Posted by scooper
    I've recently had a hard drive failure, and had to reinstall ... I came across this thread when I discovered TYtool stopped working since the clocks went back/forward whatever it was.

The error reported was something about "tz*60*60"

I've patched up the code to get around the problem and attached NowShowing.tcl

Hope this of use to someone - I could not see a more recent fix for the UK guys.
    The tserver from this post does not require a NowShowing.tcl and works fine on UK tivos in either BST or GMT. I thought the latest tytools distribution used this version, but I'm not certain as I haven't checked.

Question Different Error

I got a similar error, but it had to do with the Time Zone. Anybody know how to correct it? Here is what Telnet came back with:

Only-TiVo# cd /var/hack
    Only-TiVo# chmod +x NowShowing.tcl tserver
    Only-TiVo# ./tserver
    Doing the Lowest PriorityFix...
    Waiting for an incoming connection!
    SERVER: We got a message! buf = 'SHOWING'
    invalid attribute: TimeZone
    while executing
    "dbobj $setup get TimeZone"
    ("uplevel" body line 5)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    set setup [db $db open /Setup]

# set defrecquality [dbobj $setup get RecordQuality]
    set setuptz [dbobj $setup ..."
    (procedure "init_db" line 45)
    invoked from within
    "init_db"
    (file "./NowShowing.tcl" line 480)

Quote Originally Posted by Teraflop
    I got a similar error, but it had to do with the Time Zone. Anybody know how to correct it?
    Yes - use the tserver linked from the post above yours. There is no need for a separate NowShowing.tcl file any more. All the timezone problems go away.

You say that the TServer doen't need a NowShowing.tcl file too? I downloaded the mfs-utils_src-20050604.tar one and it contains a Now Showing C file and a Now Showing.tcl file as well as a TServer C file. Which should I use and should it or (they) be put in the VAR/HACK folder on my TiVo HDD? Can I assume that I should remove the other TServer and NowShowing.tcl files? What file will execute the program on my PC? Do I still use the TyTool9r18 app file to execute it? THANX for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie
    The tserver from this post does not require a NowShowing.tcl and works fine on UK tivos in either BST or GMT. I thought the latest tytools distribution used this version, but I'm not certain as I haven't checked.
    The new 10R1 release does include the above version of tserver that doesn't require the NowShowing.tcl, but evidently there's an issue with the PPC version of tserver in that archive; dunno if JD has fixed that yet.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Teraflop
    You say that the TServer doen't need a NowShowing.tcl file too? I downloaded the mfs-utils_src-20050604.tar one and it contains a Now Showing C file and a Now Showing.tcl file as well as a TServer C file. Which should I use and should it or (they) be put in the VAR/HACK folder on my TiVo HDD? Can I assume that I should remove the other TServer and NowShowing.tcl files? What file will execute the program on my PC? Do I still use the TyTool9r18 app file to execute it? THANX for your help.
    Yes, the tserver does not need NowShowing.tcl. You just want the tserver executable. Where you put it is up to you; I don't keep my hacks in /var, but if that's where you had put your old tserver, feel free to put the new one there. Yes, remove the old one and the NowShowing.tcl. On your PC you can use TyTool9R18, although the new version (10R1) is now available.
    --
    Christopher D. Heer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde
    Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it had merely been detected.

Question Tserver File Location

I guess what I was asking was, which file should I put in my VAR/HACK directory to replace the old Tserver and NowShowing.tcl files? I put the TSERVER C file and it said it was a directory. Sorry, but you are talking to someone who is really just getting into hacking TiVos and using a LINUX interface. Please give more deatils. THANX