Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Channel ICON in Now Playing

Originally posted by AlphaWolf
    FindOrCreateObject doesn't return the FSID of the object, it only returns a handle, so what you are actualy inserting into that attribute to this script is something other than the FSID. I am not sure how you get the FSID from the handle, but I do know that if you use the ForachMfsFile method, you can search it by name, and then the $fsid variable becomes your objects FSID.
    If it was inserting something other than the FSID, then why was the FSID of that object placed in the "Image =" attribute along with the others? What was it exactly?

It appeared fine. The script ran and there was no indication of not finding anything like before. When I went to the LogoGroup objects and checked, it appeared as the last one in the list. It appeared with a /-1 after it as well just like the others.

When I clicked on the link, it linked right to that Image object just as the others in the list did. I was pretty happy about this as it seemed to do exactly what all the others did! However, all it really did was corrupt the database somehow. I rebooted the system to see if the SciFi logo I added would then show up. Upon rebooting, the system simply got stuck in a reboot loop.
    DVD Backup guides and TiVo to DVDR guide ----> HTTP://DVDGUIDES.TRILIGHT.NET

Hmm...well, every time that I used the FindOrCreateObject command, it wouldn't return an FSID...but anyways, if it works, it works.

The first thing I would try on your tivo would be to clear the resource cache. If that doesn't fix it, then try playing with that "Index" attribute, as its string of numbers don't make much sense to me, and it could have to do with referencing the FSIDs listed in the Image attribute.
    Before PMing me: Iím not your personal tech support. If you have a question, ask in public so I don't have to repeat if somebody else asks. If you want images or slices, use emule. I will ignore all support PMs.

Sponsor a vegetarian! I have taken the pledge, how about you?

Well, I'm starting to realize the reason no one has put together a script for doing this is because it seems considerably more difficult than other things I've seen. I've compared my Index numbers to Havanajoe's and, sure enough, he has more. They are in differect sections though. Some 200's...some 10000's. I haven't the slightest clue what the numbers mean, how to insert something in the middle of the whole sequence, etc.

Maybe if I had some inside information but trying to learn the scripting and "guessing" at numbers just isn't going to get me anywhere unfortunately. I do appreciate everyone's time and assistance. Without a true test box to work on, it would simply take me way too long. I actually do watch TV with this thing! hehe

Question Upgrade 2.5 to 2.5.2 with logos?

I have a hard drive (original) with 2.5 installed with icons.

Is there any way to swap out a file or 30 and get the logos onto my new hdd? I have tapped into my TiVo with a serial cable before, but it's been a while.

I'd just use the old drive and upgrade it to 2.5.2 if I could get my locals without 'clear and delete everything'. That wipes out the logos, if I'm not mistaken...

Is this an approach that would work?

Update; I just popped in my 'old' backup hdd and I had done the 2.5.2 upgrade but it hadn't installed yet. So now it's installed (WITH ICONS), but I believe if I don't do a 'clear and delete everything', my locals won't come in. Is there a way around this?
    Last edited by fdx45; 10-14-2003 at 09:53 AM.

There is so much talk about locals. I don't know why everyone has so much trouble. There are currently only two things you need be concerned with...

1) The access card having the proper info on it for you to receive locals.

2) Running midupdate to make sure your market ID is set correctly.

My locals are just fine this way. All that "multiple locals" mess and "mvchannels" stuff is in the past. Don't mess with any of that. It's usually when something gets messed up that people are forced to do a "clear and delete" sequence.

The problem isn't the locals. I have them on the hdd that I've been using. I have a valid, subbed P4, for which I have locals.

What I'm trying to do is get the channel icons back. They are currently in my backup hdd, which won't get locals without doing a 'clear and delete'.

I've read through the other threads about getting locals back, and I'm in the middle of doing a 'clear program data and to do list', and I'll post whether that kills the icons when it's done.

Red face

It works, it works!

I just finished updating an older hdd from 2.5xtreme to 2.5.2xtreme (with channel icons), then did a 'clear program data and to do list'. My locals are back WITH ICONS! (I'm so happy! )

Now, when I get all my data back and redo all my season passes, I'm going to do an image copy of the new 'old' hdd, and I'll be all set!

Woo Hoo!

Cool! Glad to hear things worked out for ya! Good to know info for someone else if they have their icons and are worried about losing them.

From/ToMFS

FromMfs/ToMfs? We don't need no stinking FromMfs/ToMfs!!