Thread: Max Capacity?

Question Max Capacity?

What is the maximum recording capacity I can get from my Sony T-60? What is the HD configuration? 2 120GB? 2 160GB?

2 120 gig

From the posts i have seen you can put 2 160's in there. they will only be seen as 137 as that is the limit of the tivo.

2 x 137 is max tivo will see.

Right on all counts. Two 120GB drives will get you about 225 hours of maximum recording time, although actual capacity will probably be much less (more like 175 hours) due to the variations in compression used for different stations.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

blahman is offline blah blah blah blah blah.

48bit LBA

Actually, 137gb limit was broken. A patch was done to the StandAlone 3.0 and StandAlone 2.5 kernels adding 48bit LBA support. However, I personally don't know enough to know if they would work on a DTivo.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=83342

Contains the information for the patches as well as links to the pre-compiled kernels.

Sure wish I knew if these kernels would work on DTivo.

>> From the posts i have seen you can put 2 160's in there. they will only be seen as 137 as that is the limit of the tivo.

2 x 137 is max tivo will see. <<

There are claimed patches to remove the limit, the ones I recall are for sale. I've never looked into it because I think the 2 120's is about the limit I'm comfortable with the OS's and hardware's ability to handle quickly & smoothly. I like to have the extra Tivos around for backup anyway so I just buy more Tivos as I want more starage.