Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MUX'ing, VSplit, and MPG2 files... #2!

Once you have released the new text based cutting I'll probably try using M2-edit to generate an edit decision list. It will be pretty easy to make an excel spreadsheet to account for the first frame being non-zero.

I see the server takes a single start and end point. Is the intention for the client to stitch together several pieces? Or will the server eventually take a multi-part list?

PS, when the threads moved my email notifications stoped working. I thought things were just quiet until I came back and poked around.

Vsplit 13c - Mux 1M...

Rather than wait. Here it is... Not fully cleaned up. And not configurable yet. But something for others to see what I am talking about with the editing.

At the moment:

- It does not take an external file for cut points.
    - It has 1 cut built in internally from 5-10 seconds from the start of the clip wherever it is.
    - It still only processes a small chunk of the file (2000 chunks).
    - It contains the code needed to work around the following types of holes:

1- Audio only.
    2- Video only.
    3- Where the audio and video are gone from the same timeframe range.
    4- Where the audio and video are gone from overlapping segments.

I couldn't think of another case to test so for now I am considering the hole problem closed.

This is still just a quick peek/test version. What you need to do is the following:

1- Locate your small test clip.
    2- Run it through 1L and save the output.
    3- Run it through 1M and save the output.
    4- Play output-1L and see how and where it works etc...
    5- Play output-1m and notice the cut from the 5 to 10 second marks.
    6- Be suitably amazed.
    7- Go find spouse and show them, pretend to accept their amazement at face value.
    8- Ignore muttering as they walk away shaking head...

--jdiner

Originally posted by FreydNot
    I see the server takes a single start and end point. Is the intention for the client to stitch together several pieces? Or will the server eventually take a multi-part list?

PS, when the threads moved my email notifications stoped working. I thought things were just quiet until I came back and poked around.
    I was afraid that the quiteness might mean people were not following it. Perhaps a post to the original forum saying we are not gone, just moved to here. I used to just right into the DTivo fourm rather than going from the home page in. I suspect others do the same thing.

As for the server. What do you mean? My server? It takes all of the FSIDs or conversely just the chosen FSIDs based on what button is hit. But that is TyTool. For VSplit, this tool, there is no server. It just takes the file and goes.

As for how the client would work I figure at some point I will still do what I was thinking before.

- Add a feature to the server to get just the I_Frames and related timestamp information.
    - Add have a new client/window in TyTool that will take this output and create a cut list from it.
    - Use this cut-list in whatever fashion while downloading the full thing and mux'ing.

Overall this seems like it would work. If the cut-lists could be saved to disk then you could mark the cut points in several shows very quickly and then do the longer more drawn out download/split/cut/mux process on several shows without user intervention. Yeah. I like that idea.

--jdiner

Ya, I was thinking about the tytool situation. Ignore my references to client and server.

Since you aren't limited to cutting on I frames, I could see a problem trying to add two (or more) cut out pieces together. Unless the second piece starts with an I frame there could be trouble. Maybe the easiest way to deal with this would be to keep the segements as individual pieces and don't try to make one big file.

I'm down with queuing up a bunch of cut lists and letting it run over night. In fact, I like your whole approach to the problem. Seems practical and useful.

Rather than wait. Here it is... Not fully cleaned up. And not configurable yet. But something for others to see what I am talking about with the editing.
    Is it possible to post a linux version as well?

Looks Good

jdiner -

Looks great! Both files keep sync, FF and RR with no problems.

--mp

I tried vsplit1m on a basic sa file I had laying around at work...

C:\Temp\555>vsplit1m -m mr.ty mr.mpg mr.mpa
    Processing 'mr.ty': (10 chunks per tick)
    Detected Tivo Type: Standalone
    Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
    Final standardAudioSize = 880
    Final standardFrameLength = 864
    Final standardAudioDiff = 3240 or 00:00:00.036
    First Video PTS: 00:00:01.227
    MUX1 Found the B3-B8 header block and the 1st PES header block I1-frame
    MUX1 Video Embedded PES Header: (110476) 00:00:01.227
    MUX2 Now we have the almost full first packet (lead-in missing), and the header
    for the B2-Frame...
    MUX2 lead-in skip == 2
    MUX2 PTS = 110476 == 00:00:01.227
    MUX2 Video Embedded PES Header: (104469) 00:00:01.160
    MUX Found the 3rd PES header block (B3-frame)
    MUX3 there are 1 lead-in bytes for the P frame.
    MUX2 Video Embedded PES Header: (107472) 00:00:01.194
    MUX Found the 4th PES header block (P4-frame) - We DO NOTHING with the data!
    MUX2 Video Embedded PES Header: (113478) 00:00:01.260
    MUX Have the body for P4-frame and Header for B5-Frame.
    MUX5 Video Embedded PES Header: (116481) 00:00:01.294
    MUX-add: Audio PTS: (110438) 00:00:01.227
    (looks like it played for 5 sec?)
    Cutting a video packet at: 00:00:06.232
    Cutting a video packet at: 00:00:06.265
    Cutting a video packet at: 00:00:06.399
    (246 more a/v "cuts")
    Cutting an audio packet at: 00:00:11.199
    ........ 100......... 200.........and on to the end.

5 sec in, 5 sec cut... it was perfect!

Really looking foward to "2 timestamps per line indicating a cut"!!!!

Re: Re: New vsplit error?

Originally posted by jdiner
    Ok. That is bad. Basically it means a malloc failed. But to do that you have to have exhausted all physicall and virtual memory or have run out of the stack space defined for a program. Neither should happen. So... you might have a bad clip, bad in way I have never seen, or it might have been other issues.

Are you running under Windows? if so do a full shutdown and then re-try it when it all boots back up before running everything else. You just never know...

If you are running under linux, some other unix with a bin emulator going on, then please try it under windows to see what happens there.

If you can't tell, I really have no idea what is going wrong for you at this point. I have never seen that occur.

--jdiner
    Done all that. It segfaults on linux. Furthermore, the clip that I am about to upload to you is at the very beginning of a show, so allocation errors are odd. Consequently, I thought that this might be an artifact of tytool -- thus the subject of my post.

I tried 1m on it and it seems to process it fine, except that PowerDVD cannot play it (quits with errors), although WinDVD can.

Re: Re: Re: New vsplit error?

Originally posted by durian
    Done all that. It segfaults on linux. Furthermore, the clip that I am about to upload to you is at the very beginning of a show, so allocation errors are odd. Consequently, I thought that this might be an artifact of tytool -- thus the subject of my post.

I tried 1m on it and it seems to process it fine, except that PowerDVD cannot play it (quits with errors), although WinDVD can.
    Ok. That is wierd. I would like to take a look at the TyStream file. This would be the first thing that PowerDVD can't play that is being outputed by the latest mux'ing code that I have seen. I might have missed a corner case or it might be something else altogether. At this point I can't say.

--jdiner

GUI

jdiner -

Just wanted to let you know if you need any help with a GUI, let me know.

-mp

Ok. One further note. I had intended to mention this and then I forgot. There is an issue dealing with playback if there is a hole. It is a playback issue and not a Vsplit/muxing issue.

If you get a single stream hole, either audio or video, that is < 3 seconds in length then both PowerDVD and WinDVD will skip the duration of the hole. They beging playback again where the hole ended. This is most noticable by a quick just across the gap and then what appears to be a 1/8 to a 1/4 of a second pause before playback resumes.

I have no idea why they would treat a gap this way. For a 4 second+ gap playback continues normally you just don't get the missing stream. So if anyone should see this it is not a bug in my code. Just a decision by authors of these other tools.

--jdiner

vsplit -d switch for SVCD

Most older DVD players will play "regular" VCD's comprised of mpeg1 level encoding as opposed to mpeg2. The information is correct according to all the information I have read recently. I would like to create VCD's instead of SVCD's obtained by using the -d switch in vsplit. Is there any plans for such an option so that the disk will play in almost any machine until I can afford an expensive DVD burner?

Originally posted by Fugg
    I tried vsplit1m on a basic sa file I had laying around at work...

5 sec in, 5 sec cut... it was perfect!

Really looking foward to "2 timestamps per line indicating a cut"!!!!
    It was in there. Or perhaps I should say, after a fashion it was in there. I was in the middle of rebuilding it to be more production ready, I had a typical RAD prototype of the code which would not hold up under production use. Anyway, I figured rather than seem a tease and mention in and then put nothing out for awhile I would release a simple test version that would showcase the new feature. And so 1M was born.

Anyway, I am working on a few things this morning and should have more news later in the day.

--jdiner

If you get a single stream hole, either audio or video, that is < 3 seconds in length then both PowerDVD and WinDVD will skip the duration of the hole. They beging playback again where the hole ended. This is most noticable by a quick just across the gap and then what appears to be a 1/8 to a 1/4 of a second pause before playback resumes.
    --jdiner

Shouldn't be a problem with the kind of holes I get from off the locals spot beam...

Ok. One further note. I had intended to mention this and then I forgot. There is an issue dealing with playback if there is a hole. It is a playback issue and not a Vsplit/muxing issue.

I have no idea why they would treat a gap this way. For a 4 second+ gap playback continues normally you just don't get the missing stream. So if anyone should see this it is not a bug in my code. Just a decision by authors of these other tools.

--jdiner
    In the case were the audio has a hole would it not be possible to just fill it in with silence, this should allow the video to keep playing but with no audio?

Rowan