Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: MUX'ing, VSplit, and MPG2 files... #2!

Originally posted by Pr.Sinister
    Don't let that stop you man... i live for the little arrow icon indicating new posts in the thread. And when it says last post
    was from jdiner, then i'm down right giddy!

I am salivating and can't wait to be able to edit properly!

In fact, i smell the end is closer and closer so i am finally taking
    the plunge and buying a Sony DRU-500A on Thursday (payday!).

Keep up the good work... even if it is a bit excruciating sometimes

-Pr.

jdiner: I agree completly, I'm rebuilding my system and got a SA to test other things, and I beleive it will be ready next week.

pr.sinister: First thing I did when I got the 500A was to upgrade to 1.0D, no problems, make sure you send the $50 MIR for it, and buy some discs with it 2X if you can at 1X you will end dry with all that salivating

Turkeyday!

I'm salivating for cuts too (maybe it's just the turkey...)

Happy American Thanksgiving JD, thanks for all your hard work!

Sorry for no release. My family celebrated early. Wed... So many married people running around now that we had to change the date to be able to get everyone together.

Wow. Sorry it is late. I left what I had really intended to say out. I have been working on the visual system for the editing and it is coming along nicely. I just simply ran out of time when the party started to do any more. Going to a cousins house for T-Day tommorow. So it is going to be a bit before I get anymore out. I will try to make the release as soon as possible. But be patient and we will have something good, and please one and all enjoy the holidays. For those not in the US. Well, have a good weekend...

--jdiner
    Last edited by jdiner; 11-28-2002 at 04:35 AM.

Originally posted by jdiner
    But be patient and we will have something good, and please one and all enjoy the holidays. For those not in the US. Well, have a good weekend...

--jdiner

Same to you jdiner, have a great Turkey Day. I have a bunch of TY streams ready to slice and dice for my kids (well me too):

Tom & Jerry - classics
    Spongebob Squarepants
    Looney Toons - classics
    Jimmy Neutron

The latest release looked good, no issues.

Immo

Lightbulb Extraction - Agent

Slightly a side topic -- from the trend of vsplit->mux->edit

but I have become so spoiled by how fast I can extract, and burn to DVD-RW for archiving; I wanted to offer up an idea for modifications to tyserver_mfs, to make it even easier!

Because I always leave a session open running tyserver_mfs running on my DTiVo - I can quickly launch TyTool5 and pick and choose my shows to extract. But I thought what a GREAT thing it would be if tyserver_mfs was alittle more robust, in the sense that it could keep track of what new shows were available for extraction. This way it could create a queue - and with the client side on the PC - handshake with an option to extract EVERY show recorded on a predetermined schedule or cycle.

This way the PC could proccess un-attended - If it was able (tyserver_mfs) to be able to be configured to say transfer only those shows that were scheduled to expire, or be deleted by a date (not save until I delete) you could setup your recordings that you wanted to watch on TiVo with Save Until Delete - the rest would end up on your PC is short order and get automatically deleted off Now Showing, once extracted.

Automating the vsplit, and muxing is quite simple on the PC side using commandline tools, I'm going to drop a hint to Derrow, (IFOEdit - author) to provide commandline options for DVDAuthoring - This way In theory; you could have a folder structure on your PC that was automatically being filled with DVD TitleSet folders ready to burn/archive to DVD.

I am now burning to DVD 3-5 shows a day, and the compression is so good off my DTivo I can fit 2-3 movies per 4.7g disc.

It would require a new, or modified version of TyTool5 - to handshake with the agent or tserver_mfs - to allow for this automatic extraction process.

Just thinking and dreaming out loud, don't want to disturb the path of development; but wanted to throw out my ideas for future consideration and feedback.

thanks again jdiner, and hope you and your family have a safe and happy hoilday season!
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

I posted this in this thread on the 28th October.

Wish no.1
    Hi Jdiner.

Nice to have you back!

My number 1 wish is probably possible via other routes, but I'd rather use tytool if you can add it.

I'd like to have extraction of certain shows to be automatic, and happen during the day. Say the software polls the Tivo every hour, looking for any show from a list of shows. So I come home, and the shows have already been transfered to my machine, and maybe deleted from the Tivo? (I have a machine running all the time recording security cameras, so it makes no diff to electricy bills!)

I played around with various bits and pieces before my HD died last week and took all the .net stuff I'd been doing with it.

I managed to send the commands from the pc front end to the tivo running ty_server and get the program list back, but I felt a little funny playing around without mentioning it, and I'm pretty sure that the next bit would be much more difficult and I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

I don't want to rewrite anything clever I just want to add scheduling to the existing program, but I couldn't see any way of doing that reliably. I certainly don't want to get into rewriting anything thats already been written.

I know it's minor, but it would save me 5 Minutes a day of hassle.. And that does add up.

J
    I'm doing the same as you.. Jdiner said he would put it in the next tytool release in that same thread the next day.

However, no tytool release since then, as he's tied up in the muxing. Though he has mentioned improvements to the system.

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...5&pagenumber=2

That thread is now locked? Not sure why.

Anyway, you can put your mind at rest. Not to put words in Jdiner's mouth, but I think that features on its way.

J
    Last edited by JasonJLee; 11-29-2002 at 10:35 AM.

Multiple Title Sets with ifoedit?

and the compression is so good off my DTivo I can fit 2-3 movies per 4.7g disc.
    Hi-8, you are able to put multiple titles onto one DVD? Are you using ifoedit? How are you doing this? I've searched through the forum (for ifoedit) a couple of times and the answer always seems to be 'not yet', or 'when it's done'.

Are you authoring with something else besides ifoedit?
    -Bronco

This is getting off topic, go read the Mac OS X workflow, you can already put multiple DTivo titles on a single dvd without muxing using only TyTool5 to extract and split, then composing the dvd with DVD Studio Pro.

OOB at 4090 Coincidence?

Jdiner,

Another vsplit13c wierdness I am seeing is that every file I have split shows an OOB at exactly block number 4090. Coincidence or bug? No problems using the resulting elementals though. Also, any progress on the Temporal Reference problem in vpslit13c (but not in vsplit13) I previously reported.

Do you want me to send you some of the ty files? If so where should I ftp them?

Finally, any chance of you releasing an updated unrestricted vsplit13d fixing some of the 13c bugs (unrelated to muxing) for those of us burning shows with maestro or other authoring tools?

Re: OOB at 4090 Coincidence?

Originally posted by fredisdead
    Jdiner,

Another vsplit13c wierdness I am seeing is that every file I have split shows an OOB at exactly block number 4090. Coincidence or bug?
    Pretty much every UK tivo TySream I've run through vsplit has found an OOB packet at approx every 4096 chunks. Each one is 'ignored' leading to a cumulative A/V sync error. This never seems to have been addressed and prevents building a decent mpg from any extracted TyStream (on my tivo).

I've been hoping that the multiplexed output would work around this problem, but it seems that most of the DVD authoring programs I have insist on demuxing files before transcoding and thus throw away all of the timestamps jdiner has gone to great lengths to preserve.

Still not managed to get a single program burned to DVD with correct lipsync ... even following JDiner's magic 14-step failsafe procedure. Pretty depressing really.

ABC:

Yes, a great solution if you happen to be one of the minority 4.5% of computer users who use a Mac.
    A Toy! A New Toy! Thank the Lord UPS brought a New TOY!

Re: Multiple Title Sets with ifoedit?

Originally posted by bronco13
    Hi-8, you are able to put multiple titles onto one DVD? Are you using ifoedit? How are you doing this? I've searched through the forum (for ifoedit) a couple of times and the answer always seems to be 'not yet', or 'when it's done'.

I'm using version .096B1 it is a release that was distributed I think to current contributors - I also donated to other projects and have been included on a mailist that shares pre-releases, or betas.

I'm not sure if the latest "stable" release has that feature or not, (multiple Title Set) I don't recall. I know it was just added a short time ago.

But itis along with TyTool5 & Vsplit the Holy Grail for my TiVo! I no longer use "save to VCR" DVD-RW is MUCH faster, and the quality is apples an oranges!

I always avoided the VCR feature where possible, but when space was an issue I had no choice But now it's so easy and fast it has become routine, and space is no longer a problem for me.
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

Re: Re: OOB at 4090 Coincidence?

Originally posted by pbar
    Pretty much every UK tivo TySream I've run through vsplit has found an OOB packet at approx every 4096 chunks. Each one is 'ignored' leading to a cumulative A/V sync error.

I believe that # of chunks exactly coincides with the FSID boundaries.

Re: Multiple Title Sets with ifoedit?

Originally posted by bronco13

IFOEdit .096B1 - does it all. right from the vsplit files .m2v & .m2a
    ~Hi8

(4) Hughes SD DVR40
    (1) Hughes HR10-250
    (2) xbmc XBOX X2 & xbit

Looks like the newest version of IFOedit wild on the net is 0.95. I sure hope the author doesn't get too distracted with his new project (dvdxcopy) and forgets to release the newer IFOedit