Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: MUX'ing, VSplit, and MPG2 files... #2!

Oh and it is going to take me a while to get caught up on all of the posts that were made while I was off of the forum. So be patient if you asked something and still have no reply in the next week or so then please ask again.

--jdiner

Welcome back! Hope you make a full recovery soon.

Cheers,

Allan.

Re: So for the good news...

Originally posted by jdiner
    So what I need now are a few committed souls that have a plethora of TyStreams, a desire to edit them and produce the smallest possible MPEG-2 output, and last but not least the time to actually do so. I need some timely feedback so I can stamp any bugs and get things released including a version of TyTool that has all of this in one easy process.

So if you want to be one of the few and proud sound off...

--jdiner
    I only have 27 on my drive right now, but I can grab some more. I can spend around 2 hours/day to this, so if you think I'm ready for the job, or at least put me at last on your list...

Hope you get all better soon.

Re: So for the good news...

Originally posted by jdiner
    So what I need now are a few committed souls that have a plethora of TyStreams, a desire to edit them and produce the smallest possible MPEG-2 output, and last but not least the time to actually do so. I need some timely feedback so I can stamp any bugs and get things released including a version of TyTool that has all of this in one easy process.

So if you want to be one of the few and proud sound off...
    [/B]
    I've got loads and loads of SA and DTiVo .ty files waiting to go--well over 120GB worth...

-Kyle

jdiner,

Running SA...

I've got a TiVofull of stuff (about 150GB), of which perhaps 2/3 needs editing, plus another 100-odd GB of stuff already pulled off waiting...probably three different TiVo resolutions all told (one I don't use).

(Particularly partial to a bunch of Crocodile Hunter stuff for my 4-year-old daughter...OK, for me, too..:-)

Let me know, I'd love to test.

Last note (not a great one): my left ear still rings periodically (and that's like, now, for example), but has moments where it does not. It's a major drag, I know...sorry.

Welcome back.

- Stu

jdiner,

I have lots(pretty much all) of SA tyfiles at 720x480 and I'll be happy to test.( BTW, resolution setting on SA Tivos is discussed on http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...hlight=544x480)

Welcome back.

jdiner,

I also have over 120GB of ty files from SA units that I can test if needed.

Rowan

I stoped transfering my vhs home movies to dvd through my SA about 3 months ago due to the sync problems. I was just waiting for something better then mpeg-vcr and TMPGEnc to come along. I still have many more tapes to process (oldest child is 19 years old now ) that require a lot of editing. I was spending about 4 hours editing for each hour of completed mpeg. Let me know if you need any more beta testers, else Iíll just wait for a public release. Thanks

man, you couldn't have timed this any better!!!

I've got a buttload of ty's(mostly dtivo, a few sa's), a dvd burner, plenty of blanks, a fast machine and the next two days with absolutely nothing scheduled to do at work!!!!

Good to go, houston!

Count me in

jdiner--

Welcome back, hope you fully recover soon. I have 2 Philips SAs running 3.0 on each. I have it set to all sorts of resolutions sitting on both. In total I have about 200 hours of streams and Im vacation for the next 2 weeks.

--mp

I could probably spend some time on it this evening. I have a TON of southparks saved off. I have a directivo.

Well, it is just going to be cold as blazes here, so I just as well stay in doors and burn some dvd's!!

Count me in.

If you want to test your code on a xp dual Pentium-4 Hyperthread cpu system (shows up as 4 cpu's) let me know.

Happy to beta,

I just upgraded(?) to a DRU-500a and bought a pile of blank media. I would love to see if I can burn the drive out before my right of return to Fry's expires....

-gorgias

Offer to beta test

I have 200+GB that I have been saving for editing. I have several C++ compilers if needed. (I do get paid to develop S/W.) I also have DSL if I need to transfer something large.