Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MUX'ing, VSplit, and MPG2 files... #2!

Alright. Things got moved. Many thanks to whoever did it...

So we are in our new home and things should begin to progress just a bit more smoothly... At least that is the plan.

--jdiner

New Version of VSplit or TYTool with VSplit Complete

Jdiner, Is this not correct?

This was my understanding of one of your very recent posts in the original muxing thread... that the holes issues had been resolved and a final release was to follow. I have not seen it yet. Please correct me if I have missed something. Thanks.

Jdiner,

I was starting to panic. I thought you had abandoned ship. Wheww.... Found your thread.

Matt

Are you still working on the DTiVo here too? I couldn't find the other one in the other forum. The old one had been closed.

Could you add a note to the bottom of that one to point here?

New vsplit error?

Here's the printout from muxing a SA clip(-s -m) with vsplit1k or vsplit1l:

Processing 'test1.ty': (10 chunks per tick)
    Jumping 1 chunks into input (131072 total bytes)
    Detected Tivo Type: Standalone
    Detected Audio Stream Type: MPEG Layer II
    Final standardAudioSize = 880
    Final standardFrameLength = 864
    Final standardAudioDiff = 3240 or 00:00:00.036
    First Video PTS: 00:00:01.182
    MUX-add: Audio PTS: (107228) 00:00:01.191
    MUX1 Found the B3-B8 header block and the 1st PES header block
    MUX1 Video Embedded PES Header: (106396) 00:00:01.182
    MUX2 Now we have the almost full first packet (lead-in missing)
    for the B2-Frame...
    MUX2 lead-in skip == 3089120
    MUX2 PTS = 106396 == 00:00:01.182
    ERROR: Out of memory getting a new MuxNode buffer!

Re: New Version of VSplit or TYTool with VSplit Complete

Originally posted by snoopy
    Jdiner, Is this not correct?

This was my understanding of one of your very recent posts in the original muxing thread... that the holes issues had been resolved and a final release was to follow. I have not seen it yet. Please correct me if I have missed something. Thanks.
    No. Not even close. This is still a work in progress. Yes I closed the next major issue but there are more still to come. I have never said I was done. Don't know where you got it from. Read the messages I have posted. They detail what is to be done... And no I have not made a new release yet. I was out of town for the last 2 days. Makes it hard to work on anything.

--jdiner

Originally posted by mattdb
    Jdiner,

I was starting to panic. I thought you had abandoned ship. Wheww.... Found your thread.

Matt

Are you still working on the DTiVo here too? I couldn't find the other one in the other forum. The old one had been closed.

Could you add a note to the bottom of that one to point here?
    I am not sure why everyone thinks this is a Stand-Alone tivo forum. This is an extraction and processing forum. Applicable to both types of Tivos.

--jdiner

Smile New Home

It's good to see that there is now a new home dedicated to all things extracting and muxing.

Re: New vsplit error?

Originally posted by durian
    ERROR: Out of memory getting a new MuxNode buffer!
    Ok. That is bad. Basically it means a malloc failed. But to do that you have to have exhausted all physicall and virtual memory or have run out of the stack space defined for a program. Neither should happen. So... you might have a bad clip, bad in way I have never seen, or it might have been other issues.

Are you running under Windows? if so do a full shutdown and then re-try it when it all boots back up before running everything else. You just never know...

If you are running under linux, some other unix with a bin emulator going on, then please try it under windows to see what happens there.

If you can't tell, I really have no idea what is going wrong for you at this point. I have never seen that occur.

--jdiner

HA! YES!!!!

Ok. Well. Good news folks. The code I put in place for dealing with holes led me directly to the code for editing...

Now I do not have an editor in place. Nothing GUI. Nothing visual. But I do have a textual "from timestamp1 to timestamp2" cutter in place. And miracle of miracles everything still works.

Once I get a bit more polish on it, we have the first cut of a way to remove lead-in, lead-out, commercials, and unwanted segments.

Not sure what to do next. To start the GUI. Or to build a better text cutter interface...

But I am excited. It works. Perfectly... You just gotta love it when that happens.

NOTE: I still have not gotten to the reseting PTS issue yet. I got a bit sidetracked...

I intend to make a release before getting to that next big issue. I was just excited and had to tell people.

--jdiner

Oh, and I suppose I should mention. That once I got the hole code done. The changes to the mux'ing engine to handle the cutting were 25 lines of C source code.

Now that kind of thing is what happens when you design and build and rebuild and rebuild this stuff until it is right...

--jdiner

Great!!!

by the way we don't need no stinkin GUI for the editing

give us something that works with a text editor and I'll bet you will have a dozen or so GUI's that work with it within a week

seriously I think it would be a good idea to let people try useing it as is for a little bit and then they can suggest improvements to the text interface, let's not cast it in stone anytime soon.

just curious...

do timestamp1 and timestamp2 have to be GOP boundaries?

if not, does it round to the nearest, or what?
    -- digitalAir

1 DSR6000R (35 hour) currently running Xtreme 3.1 and tivonet

Originally posted by dlang
    Great!!!

by the way we don't need no stinkin GUI for the editing

give us something that works with a text editor and I'll bet you will have a dozen or so GUI's that work with it within a week

seriously I think it would be a good idea to let people try useing it as is for a little bit and then they can suggest improvements to the text interface, let's not cast it in stone anytime soon.
    My thoughts exactly.

Anyone can write that part of it. Well ok anyone with a bit of talent for the game. But yeah. So I figure for now the text interface will stick.

I actually posted what I did hoping that some of the people that have offered to help write code recently would well... offer to write that part...

Right now it is 2 timestamps per line indicating a cut. I.e.

start end

or

00:52:18.932 00:55:18.932

to cut the very end of a stream starting at 52 minutes 18 seconds up to and including 55 minutes 18 seconds... Hummm. You know I never thought of it. But the cut times are in stream time. Which changes for every stream and has a different starting point... I can print out where a stream start very quickly. Ack... There is a problem there. Whoever winds up doing the GUI is going to have to be aware of a few things from the stream. Oh well. Guess it will be a bit more troublesome than I thought.

Any GUI volunteers want to jump on the bandwagon?

--jdiner

Originally posted by digitalAir
    just curious...

do timestamp1 and timestamp2 have to be GOP boundaries?

if not, does it round to the nearest, or what?
    It turns out that many of us where right in what we guessed for cutting way way way back when.

It can be used to cut on a millisecond boundry not just on a GOP boundry. Do keep in mind that that is only a cut point. Meaning a frame is not shown for less time nor is half of it displayed. It is either all there or all not there etc... I have used it to cut at a GOP boundry and between 2 b-frames.

As was guessed at, by edpuffmonster IIRC, so long ago there is a small almost unnoticable glitch in the video to me it was not worth worrying about getting any better.

As for the rest of it I am just cleaning things up now and should have a test version out real soon.

I know I know. I have said that before. But hey in the end I always deliver so please, be patient.

--jdiner

unfortunantly I don't have the time right now to write a full GUI, but a series of scripts that grabbed 1 sec of video every min, displayed it then asked you if it was show/commercial/unknown, repeated a larger clip around the unknown, then narrowed down the transition from commercial to program, then produced a final mpeg with all the commercials cut out of it is within my time budget (for speed I will probably just set it up to run from a linux SVGA/VESA console not useing X at all)

not the fanciest interface around, but it should get the job done