Thread: Can't get extreme to install

Unhappy Can't get extreme to install

I've been reading for awhile now, but am still sort of a newbie, so I apologize, but I'm out of ideas.

After installing 25extreme on my brand new t-60, it continuously reboots about 15 seconds into the Welcome screen.

To make it simple I tried doing it only on the original 40GB drive.

I restored my backup copy of the drive, which was factory installed 2.5.1 on it, and it works just fine.

What on earth could be wrong?

Sometimes Xtreme doesn't always load properly so you might want to try loading it again. You could also have a corrupted Xtreme image. Try downloading it again and burning it to a new CD and try the installation again if the initial re-installation does not work.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip..

For some reason it wouldn't take on my original drive, but it took fine on my new larger drive. Strange. I guess it's better this way anyway, since the new drive is 7200rpm and I recall reading that the swap drive will benefit from the faster access. Eitherway, I'm just so happy to finally have it working.. Hurray!